Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    BernieFD

HI Janet, I have looked back through all my old posts and note that you( and many other researchers ) had given me lots of valuable information which has helped me to make up a reasonable concise Family history Donnelly chart.

Now I am trying to establish if the family living at I Agars Road Lisburn Northern Ireland ( see post 68 ).. are indeed my relatives.

It is difficult from Australia . I have , as I believe, the telephone number from our International telephone directory and have been trying to call that number (from Australia 0011 44 289 262 2221) for weeks but It just keeps ringing out . I have checked if there are any faults on the line and I am told it is a current working number.

I know it is a lot to ask but I would be really grateful if you could try and contact the family and/or see if you are able to obtain the ancestors of any, mainly Silvester ( Sylvester) Aloysius Donnelly, as I am almost certain is related to me , our common ancestor being
    Silvester Donnelly (Born 1809) and my GG grandfather, one of his sons was also Silvester Aloysius (My G uncle, and the brother of my G grandfather Francis (B1837)

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Regards, Bernie Donnelly Australia.

janbooth

I am sorry, Bernie, but I think it would be rather inappropriate for me as a non-professional and totally unconnected with this family, and I would feel somewhat uncomfortable doing so, to ring them on your behalf. Have you already contacted them by letter? If not, I think that would probably be the best way to try to establish contact. This gives them the opportunity to contact you if they wish.

Good luck and I hope it works our for you.

Janet

BernieFD

Janet thank you and I really appreciate your circumstances and fully understand . I did try some years ago to write to them but I will try again!!!l I did not have any address details for them when I last wrote some years ago and wrote to the Council to see if they could give me some information but no luck. It is only recently that have found their address in Lisburn..

May I ask, if as a researcher, you could on my behalf and without contacting the family simply check the necessary Birth/Marriage records as a continuation of my research into the Donnelly family Looking in particular for the birth of Silvester Aloysius Donnelly at that address. Maybe that way it would be more appropriate and not affect your professional status as a researcher.

Regards, Bernie, Australia.

BernieFD

New thread. I recently found on the internet the Funeral notice for Mary Agnes Donnelly who died in 2014 and lived in Lisburn Northern Ireland . Is it possible to obtain details of her marriage and birth, please ?

Regards Bernie Donnelly Australia.

BernieFD

Further to my post 75, above, the Funeral notice states that Mary Agnes Donnelly died in hospital on 18th June 2014, no age was given. I thought this additional information might be helpful to assist further research ,
    Bernie Donnelly, Australia.

Is it possible to obtain details of her marriage and birth, please ?
    Near impossible without knowing her age at death. What exactly does the funeral notice say? Where did you find it so we can take a look at it?
    Buying the death certificate for this Mary Donnelly would give you her age and detials of the informant if all else fails.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

BernieFD

Hi Christina, thanks, I found the notice on the internet , all it said was she died in hospital. I am sure she is a (or was ) a member of the family of the Donnelly family at 1 Agars road , Lisburn Northern Ireland.
    Bernie Australia

BernieFD

Hi Christina , I have had another look at the information about the death of Mary Agnes Donnelly and in the Funeral times it said death has occurred of Mary Agnes Donnelly died peacefully at hospital 18 June 2014 . Beloved wife of Sylvester( and much loved mother of several members of the family)living at 1 Agars road Lisburn The Funeral directors were Eastwood Funeral Directors, Crumlin Co. Antrim BT294LA with a phone number.
    As all the family lived at 1 Agars Road , and I hope most still do. Is it possible to obtain a recent census for that address , which hopefully will show the ages of the occupants.
    I have been trying to contact the family which I am researching but so far without success as the phone number I have for them apparently has been disconnected for some reason even though International phone directory confirm it is still a current number.

Is it possible to get a recent census ,so maybe I can continue with my research into the Donnelly family as I firmly believe that the family at Lisburn are connected to me.

Kind regards, BernieFD , Australia.

Hi
    The latest census records in the UK which can be accessed is the 1911. There is a 100 year privacy embargo on them.
    The only other thing I can think of is the electoral rolls but maybe that requires you getting in touch with the library in Lisburn
    https://www.librariesni.org.uk/Librar...y-Library.aspx
    Why not just write a letter to the address you have? (sorry if you have done this but I haven't reread the whole thread) This gives them time to digest any information you may give them. You could include your email address which would mean their reply would be sent quicker. They may or may not get back in touch and you will have to respect this if it is the case.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

You could try 192.com
    I entered the son's name. The one beginning with F and the result shows that in the 2013 electoral roll his father and mother, and brother were at the same address. One more person possibly a wife of F.
    In 2013 F is in the age guide 45 -49
    I suppose if you enter the other names individually you will find the age bracket they were in in 2013.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast