Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Brick wall demolition expert!

It is an intriguing search. Do you have a recollection of your source for the mother of Sylvester (b1809) as being Julia Ann McKenna?

BernieFD

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleE View Post
    It is an intriguing search. Do you have a recollection of your source for the mother of Sylvester (b1809) as being Julia Ann McKenna?
    Adele,
    The only information I have about this is, or was, in a letter from my researcher in Hampshire many years ago, when he gave me details of the birth of Sylvester jnr b 1809 and said he got the info from a marriage certificate but he did not send me a copy. I am now really relying on my memory which I do say is quite good.
    I do have some info recorded on my data base that Sylvester b 1809 was baptized 27 August 1809 at St George RC Chapel, Southwark, London. I don't know if this helps much.
    I can also tell you that Julia Ann died 13 July 1838 at43 Bedford Bury Middlesex.
    Hope that some of this info can help.
    Bernie.

Bertie

Bernie - the baptismal record would be a very valuable document to get hold of. From a brief search St. George's Chapel predates St. George's Cathedral in Southwark. The chapel itself was in London Road. It's worth contacting the people at the cathedral to find out where the records are held. E-mail: info AT southwark-rc-cathedral.org.uk

BernieFD

Bertie,
    Thank you, I will email them tomorrow.
    As I only started my research on the forum yesterday I am amazed by the interest in my family by all of the posts submitted by all you experts out there and I am sure that with all their help I will, hopefully get some answers to something I have been hoping for, for many years.
    Regards, Bernie, Australia.

janbooth

Bernie,

I am not having much luck tracing Mary HOLMES/FULLER nee DONNELLY prior to her marriage to Frederick Hale HOLMES. Her marriage to Mr FULLER does not register in any of the online sites I have tried so far and the only census I have found her in with any certainty is the 1851. I have found what looks like Frederick H HOLMES in the 1861 census of St Martin in the Fields where he is described as a 49 yr old married Engineer born St George Bloomsbury but he is staying at The Province Hotel in Leicester Square with no wife and I cannot at the moment find Mary in the 1861 census.

There is however a death registration for a Mary HOLMES in the March qtr 1861 at St Giles reg district which could perhaps be her and may explain why Frederick is shown as married in the 1861, but there are 3 other death registrations for a Mary HOLMES at St Giles between 1851 & 1861 also.

The witness Sophia PATTENDEN is married to a Richard and is in the 1841 census of Duke Street, St George Bloomsbury but cannot prove any connection with the DONNELLY family so far.

All negative so far and I have searched on Irish Origins for any records appertaining to Sylvester DONNELLY & Julia Ann McKENNA but nothing shows up there either I'm afraid.

Janet

BernieFD

Janet,
    Thank you.
    Maybe something will turn up eventually.
    Bernie.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Bertie View Post
    It's worth contacting the people at the cathedral to find out where the records are held.
    The records have not been deposited. They are held at the church and have been indexed by the archivist, who will help with enquiries. But there are considerable gaps, particularly among the baptism records.

BernieFD

Bertie,
    I received advice that some of the Cathedral records may be held by the Cathedral archivist , to whom I have sent a private email.I will let you know if I have any luck.
    Bernie.

BernieFD

Kerrywood,
    Thank you.I have sent a private email to the archivist.
    Regards, Bernie FD.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by BernieFD View Post
    I can also tell you that Julia Ann died 13 July 1838 at43 Bedford Bury Middlesex
    There is this burial recorded at Christ Church Southwark (from images of London parish registers).

19 July 1838, Julia Donnelly, age 65, (from) St Martin in the Fields.

This seems likely to be the same person as the death record that you have. Bedfordbury is in the parish of St Martin in the Fields. But there is no middle name, and if the stated age is correct she was born around 1773.

Do you have this 1838 death certificate? If so, does it describe Julia as the wife/widow of Silvester Donnelly?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast