Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

In his goodbye letter T Warr said he had to return home to Somerset!

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    I think this question is being asked because there is a baptism of an Edward born 19 September 1847, baptised 6 October 1847. Parents are given as Thomas Ware and Rosetta Brown. Thomas a Clerk and I can't read his address and Rosetta a spinster living at Kingsland Road. So this does introduce the possibility of the surname Ware being used by Rosetta.
    Christina
    ~#36 Sorry I did not get it about adding Qoute no. will do better next time Thanks Betty Anne

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Anne View Post
    In his goodbye letter T Warr said he had to return home to Somerset!

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Anne View Post
    ~#36 Sorry I did not get it about adding Qoute no. will do better next time Thanks Betty Anne
    You're overthinking it now, Betty Anne.

Forget the 'quote number'. Just do what you did in post #42.
    Namely, you clicked the 'reply with quote' link, which showed the post you were about to reply to, and then posted your reply.
    People can then easily see the post to which you're replying.
    If your post just says, for example,'No, that's the wrong person' nobody knows which post you're referring to.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Thank you

Famous for offering help & advice

I don't think that Rose on the Caleb Grimshaw is her. Under the record set "New York, U.S., Arriving Passenger and Immigration Lists" passengers have a 'Family Idntification Number' allocated to them, and the one for Rose is 905002. The only other person with that number is A??? Brown, male aged 25.

For the same voyage, switching to the record set New York, U.S., Irish Immigrant Arrival Records the only A Brown aged 25 is Andrew Brown.

If the family grouping is correct, then Rose & Andrew Brown were travelling to the US together, not Rose and her sister as you'd suggested. Looking at the passenger list, it does show A Brown (M) first and then R Brown (F), both 25, so it does seem to suggest that they were travelling together.

Exclamation Rose or Rosetta Brown

Hello Thank you for your information about the Caleb Grimshaw passenger list on which I thought was a Rosetta Brown. You could be right about this as I have never experienced an emmigration matter before, when I saw the name and the date it seemed to tie up with what could have been her circumstances.
    I now have got all the paperwork out and will go through it, carefully. When I made enquiries to Coram, asking whether Edward Warr Brown had been in their care I was given a file which has all the paperwork details to get him admitted.I contacted them in 1998. I will now go through everything again and maybe she did live in the UK and not emigrate.?

Thank you all for your researches etc

Betty Anne

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345