This Gentleman was a cousin to my GGrandfather.

Sorry if this is a rambling post, but my head is in a tizz this morning!!

I was in contact with a lady last february through an ancestry 'hint' - but it seems the tree she had on there was not hers, it was done in memory of a dear friend and neighbour of hers from childhood. She then made the tree private before I was able to obtain any more information from it.

She gave me information on him - but at the time if did not make sense (does it ever?) pertaining to the fact that he was born Glasgow, moved to the Farborough/Southampton area. He had relatives in Canada (it was this info that threw me). But I have re-read the messages and it all falls into place now with information I found at the Genes centre in Glasgow, the fact that they were visited by a 'Peggy' - who it turns out was the sister to my GGrandad.

He was apparently a (Crown Green) Bowler, playing locally and for Scotland - travelling as far as New Zeland. He was given a trophy called the M'rinka and this is now in place in his former house, the house being named after it.

This house/bungalow will be in the Farnborough / Southampton area I beleive. Can anyone shed any light please?

Regards
Sonja