Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Derek Atherton

Default Atherton One-Name Study

This study is now just over 12 months old and I'm still looking!

www.
    tribalpages.com/tribes/atherton182

Derek

bonelady

My x husband was an Atherton born in Elm Park, his brother emigrated to Australia but most appearred to have been around the Elm park area in later life, I think he also mentioned East London but not sure on that one, if I can be of any help just ask Bonelady

Derek Atherton

Bonelady,

What an original name!

Any help putting the Atherton families together would be really appreciated - I'm currently just using Census' and the occasional BMD Certificates (too expensive - not on-line etc etc).

www.
    tribalpages.com/tribes/atherton182

The Access code for my website is "Burnley".

Regards,

Derek

Derek Atherton

Graham,

thanks - perhaps I should have clarified that initially I am working on the period 1837-1911 - not too many of those will still be around.

As you quite rightly say, details "living" people should not be posted here.

Derek

kelby

Hi Graham, my grandfathers birth name was Roberts and he changed his name to Atherton, his mother was Ellen Robertson Atherton, so he used his mothers name, dont know if there is any connection for you. I am still trying to piece our family history together.

Derek Atherton

Kelby,

It's Derek by the way!

I do not appear to have anything on Ellen Robertson Atherton - do you happen to have birth date/place or any other details?

I assume you have tried my web site (message 3 above)?

Regards,

Derek

Derek Atherton

Kelby,

Just spotted the marriage on Ancestry PRs of Ellen Robertson Atherton 31 Spinster of St Catherines (Edge Hill) to William Roberts 28 Bachelor a Steward of Cairns St on 2 Aug 1884 at Toxteth St Michael. Fathers were James Atherton Mariner and Thomas Roberts Carpenter.

Hope that helps!

Derek

kelby

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Atherton View Post
    Just spotted the marriage on Ancestry PRs of Ellen Robertson Atherton 31 Spinster of St Catherines (Edge Hill) to William Roberts 28 Bachelor a Steward of Cairns St on 2 Aug 1884 at Toxteth St Michael. Fathers were James Atherton Mariner and Thomas Roberts Carpenter.

Hope that helps!

Derek
    hi Derek, sorry about the name, must of had cloudy brain !!! sounds like them but will try check back.. they were in the Toxteth area... I am going to check out your page now. Ellens son William Frederick changed his name in 1914 to his mothers maiden names, wish I knew why! thanks for that info, much appreciated and a great help, I never had it, not very clever looking on the different sites, I am still trying to find the best ones after all this time. By the way it took me nearly 11 years to find my mothers father, it was a massive brick wall and was found on this forum that he had changed his name, that turned the whole search around, it was the most exciting time of my life.... to find my grandfather, pity my mother died before she found out about him. I am hoping to find some living relatives of their family.... that would be awesome!!
    Last edited by Kerrywood; 02-12-2011 at 1:31 PM. Reason: fixed quote

AMartel

Many thanks Derek... I've been on the site and found my great great grandad, Robert Atherton 1836 - 1920... not only that, there's a picture of him and his entire family!

I was so excited, I took it to show my mum last night and she was amazed.

I'm still trying to figure out how to add my grandad to his linage but I'll get there!

Derek Atherton

Quote Originally Posted by AMartel View Post
    Many thanks Derek... I've been on the site and found my great great grandad, Robert Atherton 1836 - 1920... not only that, there's a picture of him and his entire family!

I was so excited, I took it to show my mum last night and she was amazed.

I'm still trying to figure out how to add my grandad to his linage but I'll get there!
    Let me have the details - contact details are on the web site - and I will add them!

Derek

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast