Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hogan Tipperary

Karen gilewski

Default Hogan Tipperary

Hi there. My Fiancee is James Hogan. we have just returned from large family gathering in Tipperary. I was aked to do a search for any hogans That went to america. we Have not exact dates however think it may have been late 1800s early 1900s . my partners Grandfather was James hogan and we now know that 6 brothers and 1 sister took of to america, we was told Kentucky.. they where never heard of again. there Fathers name was Hugh Hogan and Mother Jane Hogan (Nee) OneillThey where all born in the 1870s to 1880s .
    Winefred .Michael.Daniel.Martin.Hugh. Patrick.Denis Thats the info I have So far.The name has came up of Meara which was our grannys name .Grandfather and Grandmother where both born in Borrisokane tipperary and later moved to Roden House. Lorrha. which Grandad Jamed inherited from an Old Uncle .tipp is a a beautifull place and I met many cousins there..everywhere you go theres a hogan, and I even found notice outside a ruined monastry mentioning a Hogan from as far back as 1512.. hopes this helps As the brothers and sisters could have ended up anywhere. they didint write even to say they had arrived. was told they sailed out on a ship called THE ONE ...love to clear up the mystery.. dont be afaraid to contact as have found all the Hogans very friendly

Knowledgeable and helpful

This looks like your family in the 1901 & 1911 Irish censuses:

Looks like the children left home in ones and twos rather than as a group?

https://www.census.nationalarchives.i...Upper/1691328/

https://www.census.nationalarchives.i..._Upper/836829/

Elwyn

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hello Karen, welcome to the Forum.
    Have you tried finding the Family at all on the USA censuses, 1920 perhaps? Also Ellis Island for arrivals.?

Pilot search has the births of Mary Jane Hogan.7th April 1872 cloughjordanTipperary. to Hugh & Jane Oneil
    Winifred Hogan, 28 Dec. Cloughjordan-Hugh & Jane.
    Michael Hogan,15 Feb. 1875 Cloughjordan, Hugh & Jane.
    Margaret Hogan 17 Feb 1877 Borrrisokane ripperary. Hugh & Jane.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Ellis Island has a Michael Hogan travelling via Queenstown,arriving June 30th 1899 Britannia age 25 with child (son) Patrick [ 7_]
    Many more to view.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Mutley

Welcome to the forum.

My Hogans were from Nenagh and I should imagine several of them went off the USA as well.

If I trip over yours on my travels I'll let you know. Good luck.

Karen gilewski

Had call this evening from family in Edenderry. this morning they had a visit from a man over from Kentucky whos name is Hogan,, isnt that strange hed booked his holiday there 3 weeks ago.. that was before I even started investigating... so strange . more updates when I get the full details tomorrow... aparently there is a plaque up in Ellis Island listing the Hogans arriving

Brick wall demolition expert!

The family search pilot website has the marriage of a widowed 29 year old Martin Hogan, son of Hugh Hogan & Jane O'Neill to Ellen Keating on 18 Apr 1911 in Worcester, Massachusetts. He is still in Worcester according to his 1942 WW2 Civilian Draft Registration.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwyn Soutter View Post
    This looks like your family in the 1901 & 1911 Irish censuses:

Looks like the children left home in ones and twos rather than as a group?

Elwyn
    Looking at the image of the 1901 census enumeration, unmarried daughters Jane (30) & Vina (27) have been struck from the page, with the notation that they are "in America".

Hogan arrivals in New York from Queenstown

Martin Hogan, 20, arrived May 3, 1902, going to join brother Dan Hogan at 57 Manchester Ave, New Haven, Connecticut

Hugh Hogan, 22. arrived 24 Oct 1906, going to join brother Martin Hogan at 48 Frankfort St, New Haven, Connecticut. Born Coolagoon.

1900 US Census – New Haven, Connecticut

Vina Hogan, b Dec 1876, single, immigrated 1898, is a servant in the household of Francis B Atwater on Park Street.

Another family in New Haven, living on Toot/Foot? Street:

Patrick Tobin, head, b Oct 1872 Ireland, immigrated 1893
    Jannie Tobin, wife, b Apr 1874, married 1 year, b. Ireland, immigrated 1894
    Dan Hogan, single, brother in law, b. Jan 1880, Ireland, immigrated 1899

Karen gilewski

Default Martin Hogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleE View Post
    The family search pilot website has the marriage of a widowed 29 year old Martin Hogan, son of Hugh Hogan & Jane O'Neill to Ellen Keating on 18 Apr 1911 in Worcester, Massachusetts. He is still in Worcester according to his 1942 WW2 Civilian Draft Registration.
    Thanks for that. the Family are getting really exited with the news will be interested with whatever you can come up with xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast