Colin Rowledge

Default References back to pre 1800-1823

When looking at submitted records, I have a baptism of the groom in PERRANORWORTHAL, Cornwall on Aug. 25, 1799 and a marriage in the same parish to an Elzabeth TREWEEG on Mar. 13, 1823.

How do I go about confirming this detail?

All their kids were born before 1837, the census records for 1841 and 51, list the wife of my fella as Peggy and when she died in 1852 a year after her spouse, the informant indicated the name as Peggy. His census record in 1851 says age as 56 and that is also what the informant says a month or so later upon his death

Thanks

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Colin, have you looked also on Pilot search?
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by notanotherminer View Post
    Hi Colin

What was the his name?
    His name was William Tresidder.

Colin Rowledge

Maybe a silly question, Graham, but is this as 'relaible a source' as a marriage cert. from the GRO or a copy of the banns that may be on line as similar to what I have found for rellies after the time period in question?

Thanks

you need to see the original record at one of the LDS Family History Centres.
    Colin, it may be more convenient for you to order a single printout taken from the LDS film of the Perranarworthal marriage register. You can do this through the LDS Photoduplication Service at very modest cost.

wiki.familysearch.org/en/Photoduplication_Services (put https:// in front)

You're welcome. I should add that I have not used this service myself -- but I know a man who has.

DorothySandra

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    When looking at submitted records, I have a baptism of the groom in PERRANORWORTHAL, Cornwall on Aug. 25, 1799 and a marriage in the same parish to an Elzabeth TREWEEG on Mar. 13, 1823.
    How do I go about confirming this detail?
    Thanks
    I can't see a mention of the Cornwall OPC website - a wonderful site for finding the BMD information for Cornish Ancestors and their extended families. You'll find quite a few entries for William.

Colin Rowledge

There are 3 christenings on Family Search for an Elizabeth Treweek in Cornwall between 1797 and 1803.

They were:
    24 Dec 1797 at Gwennap to Abraham and Elizabeth
    25 Dec 1802 at Gwennap to Anthony and Ann
    15 Oct 1803 at Breage to John and Susannah

Do any of those fit her age and place of birth on the 1851 census?
    The 1851 census says that her age was 62 [which gives a birth year 1789] and place of birth as Mabe {br} Cornwall

Colin Rowledge

Colin, I can only find him in 1841 as an Innkeeper in Perranaworthal. You said he died a year before his wife so 1851 but was this before the census?
    Hi Graham
    I couldn't find the one you found as the Innkeeper in 1841.

If I use the death cert as age 56 then his year of birth was 1796. I could only find one that fitted the ages of William and Peggy along with the name of the informant for their deaths in 1851 and 1852. The residence was Menerdue, Stithians, Cornwallwhich is in trhe registration district of Redruth, where the deaths of both were registered. 2 of their 3 sons [James and Thomas] were both unmarried and lived with them. The 3rd son was named William and he married in 1849 and was living with his wife and 1 year old daughter as a Lodger at the resicence of Thomas Tresidder [born in Wendron 1793, a Tin Miner and Unmarried]. William's occupation is a Stone Mason. William's indicated birth place was Wendron in 1824

The occupations for the other 2 sons, plus the father are also Stone Masons, so this seems a common bond.

The only family that fitted in 1841 is the following - but the occupations don't - they are listed as Tin Miners. Here are their details - reference to census held by T.N.A. - HO107/139/5-53/19
    William age 45
    Peggy age 45
    William age 18
    James age 16
    Thomas age 8
    all living at Halebezack, Wendron, Cornwall

Colin Rowledge

Something isn't right with what I have. I don't think a family of Tin Miners in 1841 can all be Stone Masons less than 10 years later. Back to the drawing board