Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Coromandel

I see that the Bradford Family History Society has published some burial registers and monumental inscriptions for cemeteries/churchyards, so it may be worth contacting them. See https://www.
    bradfordfhs.org.uk/

Loves to help with queries

Hi birdog49, have tried to reply twice tonight, each attempt bombs out. Will try again tomorrow. so excited to have contact with someone in my tree,
    Alison

Loves to help with queries

Hi Birdog, Thomas Morrison born about 1775 (can't find out exact date or place) I believe in Edinburgh, he married Ann Hodge and together they ended up in Dunfermline. Between 1803 & 1815 they had 6 children, that I can trace, before Ann died, I suspect in childbirth. Thomas would have been left with the children including twin girls Ann & Catherine who at this time would have been 3 years old. To be honest I never thought about him remarrying (something else for me to do!)

Margaret Morrison, their daughter went on to marry William Carnegie and their son was Andrew Carnegie, the steel magnate. I believe although I have no proof at this time, that William's parents were Andrew Carnegie and Elizabeth Thom, I have them in my tree due to another carnegie/morrison marriage.

It's fantastic to have more info on Thomas from these other posts, I have spent many months trying to find details but keep coming up blank, I feel a trip to the library is the next thing to do. The posts also confirm that Thomas died in Bradford in 1837 and I too cannot trace where he was buried, I seem to recall reading somewhere that it took 6 weeks for news of his death to reach Dunfermline but I have my doubts.

So we have 3 generations of Thomas Morrison's and then your line is I believe Charlotte Morrison (my great grand Aunt) who married John Scott, they appear in my tree with 4 children until 1881 when I assume they emigrate? I am descended from Charlotte's youngest sister Mary Ann Morrison (your great grand Aunt)

So good to hear from you and if you have any other info it would be lovely to know.
    Alison

birddog49

Hi Alison, It is exciting to share information with you!! John Scott and Charlotte Morrison-Scott son Duncan immigrated to the USA Sept 1923 and May 1926 Cecilia Foggo (from Dunfermline) immigrated and they married that same year. They settled in Homestead, PA and had four children their youngest daughter is my mother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12