Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    malcolm99

When you get the certificate it may give a seemingly ordinary address for the place of death but this may in fact be a customary alternative address to describe a hospital or other institution. As an example I have a death certificate where Mayday Hospital in Croydon is not mentioned as the place my uncle died; the certificate only gives the address i.e. 39 Woodcroft Road.

pigletarthur

Smile St Pancras Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by nataliew View Post
    Thanks for this. I really am going to have to order the death cert aren't I?! Looking back, I'm not sure what I hoped to achieve without it! As I said, it's not an important branch for me but I think when I come across an infant death, I feel very emotional. My own daughter spent the 1st few weeks of her life in an incubator and doing family history makes me realise how lucky I am to have have her..
    I arrived at this thread after googling hospitals for children in St Pancras. I have just paid for a viewing of the burial record for my gt aunt who died aged under 2. It said she died in a Children's hospital. The site is

www.
    deceasedonline.com.

Searches are free so if you find her there then it is worth buying a few credits. It looks as if mine was buried in the children's section as all the other burials on the page are for toddlers. Her mother was buried in the same cemetery, but in another part. This will be cheaper than a death cert, but you may have bought it by now of course. This site is amazing for giving so much information free.
    Last edited by notanotherminer; 12-03-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: edited direct link to commercial website which is not allowed. Please see our Terms of Service

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12