royston

Default NEW INTERNET CONNECTION DETECTED BY MCAFEE

Since yesterday I have had a box on screen by McAfee warning me of a new internet connection.This will not clear.
    Today I got an e mail from O2 welcoming me and asking for me to log in tomy new account and thanking me for subscribing.
    I have never asked to use O2 and certainly do not want to in the future.
    Am I being paranoid and thinking they are trying to trap me into switching to them.
    The new connection is a Gateway number.
    HELP NEEDED PLEASE<
    ROy

delete the email it won't be from O2. it is trying to get you to click on the link.
    Don't know what the box from McAfee is, I never could get on with that program, it always managed to make me kill my puters. I use Kaspersky cos it likes me so I can't help there I'm afraid
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

royston

Thanks for your reply.
    Since deleting the e mail the warning box has disappeared ??
    Roy

Reputation beyond repute

I would advise you to make sure your virus checker is up to date and run a full scan.

obviously McAfee is doing it's job excellently. My husband had an email that did that to his machine yesterday - come to think of it I had a little box come up this morning from Kaspersky telling me that it had quarantined an email and killed a suspected virus. I said thank you to the screen (as I always do) and deleted the email that was flagged and the box disappeared.
    I NEVER click on a link in an email unless it is one of those ones that a website sends when you register. The ones you have to click on to confirm your registration. but I am still very wary.
    I got virused once and that was an email from a friends address. You tend to be very careful after that.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

royston

THanks both. Virus checker up to date and pc clean.
    Grateful to both for your input, Roy