Brick wall demolition expert!

Default The Sargood Quakers from Berkshire

Sarah Sargood, born abt 1759 married James Ring in 1787 in Beenham, Berkshire.
    From family search I found these possible parents for her; Joseph Sargood & Dinah Cooper or Benjamin Sargood & Elizabeth. Also, both of these candidates - Joseph and Benajmin - may be the sons of Joseph Sargood and Sarah Tyrell.
    Anyway, further investigation reveals quite a few Sargood’s living in Berkshire/Oxfordshire around that time period. Many of them appear to be Quakers.

I managed to get hold of some records relating to the Sargoods from the Berkshire records office but I will need to get hold of many, many more in order to sort them all out.

My first question is this. It looks like TheGenealogist has non-conformist records. Is anyone familiar with this site and if so would they recommend getting a subscription with them?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by olliecat View Post
    It looks like TheGenealogist has non-conformist records. Is anyone familiar with this site and if so would they recommend getting a subscription with them?
    Given your location, and the huge number of SARGOOD records on the site, I would go to Kew where you get free onscreen access to all the records at BMDregisters ( = TheGenealogist).

Brick wall demolition expert!

Thanks for the tip Kerrywood. You are right - given my location I should go to the National Archives and I think I will.

I'm still considering TheGenealogist though. If I went to Kew, I'd have so much to look at I'd have to camp there for weeks. Do you think they'd mind - I'd supply my own sleeping bag.