ewan

Default Alice/Emily Garratt - Isle of Wight

I am looking for my latest Alice Emily born on the Isle of Wight if anyone can help please.

Born Emily Alice Garrett in 1862 Ryde Isle of Wight.

On the 1881 census living on the Isle of Wight there is an Alice E Garrett, I believe this to be Emily Alice Garrett born in 1862 Ryde Isle of Wight. Alice is living with her cousin Rosa F Tutton aged 20.
    RG11 1178 47 45

The parents and siblings of this lady are living in Hampshire RG11 1178 5 4.

John Garrett born 1834 Ryde
    Sarah Garrett born 1828 Arreton
    John Garrett born 1861 Ryde
    Jessie Katherine born 1868 Ryde
    Arthur Garrett born 1871 Binstead

This is going to be a difficult task, so any help is welcomed. I am trying to find an eventual marriage for Alice/Emily Garrett/find her on the 1901 census.

Her cousin, Rosa F Tutton was married in 1882 on the Isle of Wight to Francis William Calpine. I am hoping to see where Alice/Emily Garrett was in 1891.

Many thanks for any leads, as always.
    Ewan

pennydog

There is a marraige on the Isle of Wight Dec 1885 of an Emily Gerrett to either an Albert Edward Chadwick or a Frederick William Young.
    Could this be your lady?
    Will check on the 1891 to see if I can find these men and see what is says for their wife.
    I will return.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Ewan, I notice on other threads that you are looking for various persons with the forenames Alice Emily.

Alice Emily Rogers:
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...and&highlight=

Alice Emma Spencer:
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...ere&highlight=

a widow named Alice Emily Cox:
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...dow&highlight=

Alice Emily Mitchell:
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...ell&highlight=

Could you perhaps describe who your Alice Emily is, and why you are unsure of her birth surname?

pennydog

Emily Gerrett marries Frederick Young and is on the 1891 census RG12/897/20/2 (crown copyright/care of the TNA)

She gives her place of birth as Spettisbury Dorsetshire age 23, so unlikely to be your lady.

pennydog

Sorry Ewan - she is'nt yours have found her on the 1881 the name on there is Jerrett.

ewan

Thank you very much pennydog for your assistance with this, you are quite right that does not look like it is the one I am looking for birth year a little later if she was 23 in 1891, but thank you again.

AdeleE, not sure if I have explained myself regarding Alice Emily on here previously so this is briefly what it is all about.

An Alice Cox was living with my great granddad in 1901 on the Isle of Man, I could never find a marriage for them and I doubted they were married. As it turned out a newspaper report from the Isle of Man 1885/1886 mentioned that neighbours of the couple doubted they were married also.

On the 1911 census Alice Cox was a 'widow' born in Ryde Isle of Wight still living on the Isle of Man. On the death certificate of my great granddad she was stated as Alice Cox widow. There is no mention of Alice on his memorial stone on the Isle of Man.

All in all this lady is a real mystery, I am just interested to know of her family and life prior to meeting my granddad. I have compiled a list of 30-35 names, possibly more, and with a lot of help to which I have been grateful for, have systematically gone through them picking out possibles

I hope this explains a little bit more.

Ewan

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Alice Emily Garrett

She is my great aunt, sister to my gran Ada Harriet Garrett B Ryde I o M.
    I am responding to a years old message concerning Emily.
    I am writing to see if you have found more information about her and who she was living with on the Isle of man.
    Thanks Morris