Neil Richard

Cool Victorian Yorkshire

Hi all. A complete forum virgin. Here is my story. I have been researching my family history of the Ragge and Wragg name, where they all lived in York, Durham and surrounding areas in the late 18 hundreds, and all the way through the 19 hundreds. I am researching for a book I am writing and when I looked on the threads yesterday I saw something about Victorian Mourning attire. My forefathers all worked on the railways and indulged with high society of the day. What I was needing help with is - If these people wanted to invite other members of the "Gentry" to parties and the such like how would they go about it. Was there such a thing as the Royal Mail system or was it done by people on horseback. It would take a very long time to get the invitations out. Will let you know more of this story at a later time. Thankyou for reading this post in anticipation of a reply

Name well known on Brit-Gen

HI Neil, welcome in, as this board is only for introductions, if you post your queries on the best for you board I'm sure some-one will have the answers you need.

Try here for some tips on posting & maybe the Victorian or

General Family History board will do the trick.
    Either one will be seen by all members. Enjoy
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Hi, I know you posted a while back and I'm a newbie, just joined today, but I'm researching the Wragg/Ragg family too (my grandmother was Clara Ellen Wragg b. York 1882). I've gone back as far as Enoch and wondered if you had managed to find a birth date for him. I've seen on a couple of Ancestry family trees a birth date of 1715 but no proof. Look forward to hearing from you.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hi Jo, nice to see you here.
    If you click on Neil's name a black drop down will appear.
    Click on all posts & you'll catch up with his Wragg/Ragge Family.

Otherwise you can send him a private message (also shows up in dropdown box) -which should show up in his emails.
    Last edited by Waitabit; 14-04-2016 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Add a bit
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Many thanks for your helpful advice "Waitabit". Not many people looking for this branch of the family so I have to "grab" whoever I can !!