alij123

Question 1841 census look up please

In the 1851 census - Graigfechan i have - Griffiths

Thos head born 1812 age 39 ag labourer born llanfair
    Anne wife born 1814 age 37 born llanarmon
    Jane dau born 1836 age 15? born llanfair
    and edward who would not be on the 1841 census

I researched this at the library i couldnt establish what jane was only that she was a ???????? apprentice

could someone please search the 1841 census and find where they are please

many thanks in advance

Degan

Hi - I'm sorry I can't find the same family in 1841 - several Jane's but not with the right family.
    However looking at the 1851 she may be 13 and a dress makers apprentice - its written the old way and looks like dreff.
    I'll have another look for Thomas and/or Anne - do you know if Anne was her mother or could Thomas be married to someone else?
    Degan

Degan

Hi again - I've had another look for a Jane/Thomas combination and there isn't one that fits the bill in any of the Welsh counties (not that I could find anyway). Could Jane be with Anne but not with the name Griffiths? Do you know when Thomas and Anne were married? Sorry I couldn't help.
    Degan

alij123

Quote Originally Posted by Degan View Post
    Hi again - I've had another look for a Jane/Thomas combination and there isn't one that fits the bill in any of the Welsh counties (not that I could find anyway). Could Jane be with Anne but not with the name Griffiths? Do you know when Thomas and Anne were married? Sorry I couldn't help.
    Degan
    no sorry i know very little at all im afraid but thankyou very much for your help

alij123

I have been looking now at the 1861 census but am unable to view images but have found a jane griffiths born wales in west derby and a thos griffiths born 1812 wales in west derby - toxteth park just wondering if this could be the same family without the mother?