Quote Originally Posted by crimea1854 View Post
Hi offcumdun.

I'm afraid, as with many local press reports, your wifes ancestors service in the Crimea has been exaggerated. He did serve with the Baltic Fleet on HMS Exmouth and HMS Monarch, for which he was awarded the Baltic Medal, but never in the Black Sea in the Crimea. However, he had previously served on HMS Thunderer and had been awarded the Naval Service Medal with the 'Syria 1840' clasp.

In addition to being able to trace his Coastguard Service using the ADM 175 records, the National Archives does hold his service/pension record in ADM 29/78/100, which is also now avilable on Ancestry.

I would love a copy of the photograph and will email you with my private email address.

Regards Martin
Hi guys,

I am descended from Liscombes in the south west of England, though possibly not the same line as this Liscombe. I run a group in Facebook for people who are Liscombe descendants, including some in north east England who are descended from this same John Liscombe. Would it be possible to share this picture with the group, or the individuals?

Thanks in ancitipation,

Bob Leiser