Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

A closer look at the Yarmouth workhouse in 1911 might also be worthwhile. Other members of the REEVE family could be there, not necessarily listed on the same page as Florence.

There's also a children's home in Yarmouth that could be worth a look.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    FreeBMD has an Emma M Reeve, mother's maiden name Reeve, birth registration in December quarter 1913, Lambeth registration district which would seem to fit.
    Also Alice R REEVE (mother's maiden name REEVE) who is indexed on the next page to Emma M REEVE -- a possible twin? There's a possible death for Alice in the same quarter in Lambeth. Lots of "possibles".

audie

thanks Pam I think that Emma is my Maud . If I got the birth certificate what would it tell me? I live in Canada so I am not familiar with the system. I also think that maybe frederick is a middle name .

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Audrey,
    For virtually everything you could possibly want to know about BMD certificates go to www.
    dixons.clara.co.uk/Certificates/indexbd.htm

Do I presume that you've forgotten that you've also been posting in the Surnames Interest Norfolk thread? Might be worth you clicking the link.
    Pam
    Pam

audie

Hi Pam once again thankyou Not sure what post I should be using ???

Knowledgeable and helpful Jellylegs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Hi Audrey,

Do I presume that you've forgotten that you've also been posting in the Surnames Interest Norfolk thread? Might be worth you clicking the link.
    Pam
    Pam
    That link takes you to a thread started by someone named mike - just seen that Audie has used the thread too - sorry.
    Last edited by Jellylegs; 12-09-2010 at 12:36 AM. Reason: added a bit - got confused

Hope you are still active, Audie. Florence Reeve was in the Workhouse Great Yarmouth, Norfolk in 1903 when my father Frederick Reeve was born. She was listed as " in service " .She came from a large family, her father was a Stone Mason, I believe. She may well have been in the Lambeth, London Workhouse in 1911 as a Florence is listed in the Census. My aunt Emma Maud, always known as Maud Married a Tom Gregory , lived in Beckenham and had two daughters. Hope you get this as I would love to exchange more info. Vern
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 05-02-2017 at 7:26 PM. Reason: Names of potentially living people deleted.

audie

Hi Vern,
    So happy we have connected after all this time,I gave up on finding about my grandmother.
    My mother was Dorothy Chaplin ,as far as I know Your father was my uncle.
    My e mail is saltersea1@ hotmail.com .Hope to hear from you soon.
    AUDREY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12