anida

Default try to have contact to fhs

hallo my name is "Ani". I come from german and my english is not so good.
    my ancestor from father side came from england/wales. the last ancestor , called Samuel Jones, was I have found come from abbeydore/ herefordshire.
    so i went on the side from herefordshire family society and send emails for the surname list-adress and to the secretary for membership.
    until today i havenīt no answer. maybe I typed wrong, maybe the answers will coming long time later.

I hope one of you can help me to find the right way to have contact?
    thank you very much
    Ani

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi Ani..

Welcome!
    Your English is much better than my German..don't worry about it, everyone here is here to help and not judge.
    I'm certain one of the many helpful folks on this site that hail from Herefordshire will soon be along to help you!

Sue

Michael Duke

Hello Ani, it is two words, Abbey Dore, go to the Hereford family history society website go to the surnames index and look for Jones.
    There are two people researching Jones in Abbey Dore, they may be able to help,

best regards Michael Duke

anida

Hallo Michael, thank you, but i have done that last week. but no answer. So i donīt know what is the reason not get answer?
    best regard
    Ani

Michael Duke

Ani, perhaps they do not check their email everyday? Just keep trying. What are the details of Samuel Jones? What time frame are we looking for? regards Michael

anida

Thank you for your comfort word. I hope so and will waiting for a while.
    but thank you for your help.
    I looking for Samuel Jones, baptism 1745 in Abbeydore. he married Elizabeth Prichard 1767 in Ewyas Harold.
    He was a blacksmith
    really interest I have on his father, called also Samuel(l) Jones. but I canīt find not a result of his born, married or death in Abbeydore.
    So i hope the local society have maybe more information or can me tell how I can searching to find him.
    Also I am interest on the background of my ancestors from herefordshire and will collecting all file around their life.
    When you can help me a little bit, that would be wonderful
    thank you very much
    Ani

Brick wall demolition expert!

Baptism for a Samuell Jones Abbeydore 29 August 1716 parents John Jones and Margery

KEEFYP

Ani,

I was at the Herefordshire Records Office about a month ago. Sorry but I had not seen this thread.

I will be going again in December so if you have had no reply from anyone before then send me a message and I will see what I can find for you. If I remember correctly the records for Abbey Dore were not very easy to read but I will do what I can.

Regards

Keith

anida

hello together,
    thank you very much for your help.
    Valg, I know about this threat, but have no proof this would be really the father from Samuel Jones. What I know exactly is their children, Samuel, Elizabeth and Nicholas all born between 1745-1749 in Abbeydore
    Kind regard
    Ani