Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Lucy Grieves was my great great great grandmother, I found the mystery of her has interested me as I have trying to trace the Grieves and Ward family. Yes she had 6 children with Robert Bolam. Their daughter was Lucy Sarah Bolam, I have been trying to find her birth certificate but I have her sister Henrietta Ivy Bolam's birth certificate and it said the mother was Lucy Bolam nee Grieves no mention about the surname Nurse.
    I have found a census 1911 they lived in Ash Street, Benwell. I noticed they had change the surname of Lucy's daughter Lilian to Bolam instead of Nurse.
    Lucy Sarah's daughter was Marguerite Ivy Bolam Hindmarch was my great grandmother who was born in December 1901 at home 3 Eva Street, Lemington as i have her birth certificate. Lucy and Robert Bolam did lived at this house in the census 1901

Dundee10

Quote Originally Posted by Em.finlay View Post
    Their daughter was Lucy Sarah Bolam, I have been trying to find her birth certificate but I have her sister Henrietta Ivy Bolam's birth certificate and it said the mother was Lucy Bolam nee Grieves
    Quote Originally Posted by radstockjeff View Post
    Lucy left Anthony and set up home with a Robert Bullen, subsequently marrying him and then had a further six children with him. As part of the "bigamous" exercise they changed their name from Bullen to Bolam.
    Lucy's birth was registered as BULLEN.

BULLEN, LUCY SARAH
    Mother's maiden surname: GRIEVES
    GRO Reference: 1881 S Quarter in SOUTH SHIELDS Volume 10A Page 684

BOLAM, ISABELLA
    Mother's maiden surname: GREWES
    GRO Reference: 1885 J Quarter in GATESHEAD Volume 10A Page 947

BOLAM, OLIVE LINDA
    Mother's maiden surname: GREIVES
    GRO Reference: 1887 D Quarter in GATESHEAD Volume 10A Page 860

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you it has certainly helped the mystery of Lucy Sarah Bolam as we are very keen to learn about her parents.
    I have seen the birth records of the five youngest children including 2 boys in early 2000s, so I picked one Henrietta Ivy Bolam birth certificate.
    I had to wait for the census 1911 to open more details until I found some information like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12