Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Wilkes_ml

Default Cornwall Parish Registers: Images online

Hopefully this hasn't been posted before, but I have just noticed that Cornwall Parish Register Images have been recently added to Familysearch Pilot site

Looks like most, if not all parishes are covered, although I'm not sure of the date coverage for each parish.
    and also a couple of Devon parishes

Looks like I'm going to be busy for a few days!!!

Devonmade

I think I will be busy also.

thecouch

Thanks for the heads up Wilkes_ml. Looks like I'll be busy too researching my father's parents and their families!

Cheers,
    thecouch

Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Thanks

Many thanks from me, too, Wilkes_ml.

I just had a look and found my great-great-grandmother's baptism on page one of the baptisms for 1813 in the parish of St Clement and her marriage on page one of the marriages there for 1837 - unbelievable luck! I thought I'd have to wade through hundreds of pages to find anything

Jeuel

When you click on the parish you're interested in, it gives you a menu of what is covered. Some parishes don't have any burials and its pot luck if the dates of baptisms/marriages/banns are there. But of course its fantastic when you find what you want, provided you can decipher it!

Wilkes_ml

I've been extra lucky so far! Only searched Veryan burials and found that in many cases the cause of death is also noted! An ancestor's brother died of measles, one sister from being scalded, and another from "decline" at the age of 21. Wish all burial registers contained that sort of information

JillianR

I've been on there for a week now, copied 40+ records for my family, having a great time!

Jillian

Wilkes_ml

Just curious - is anyone finding that the images aren't loading now?? I'm hoping it's not my computer

Knowledgeable and helpful

None of the 'browsable' images are loading at the moment.
    Emeltee

DorothySandra

Thank you for posting this: just spent a lovely day browsing, and looking at my ancestors' actual handwriting! But I'm filled with envy when I'm looking for John Baker, (all my ancestors have names like that) and in passing I see Temperance Kneebone and Epiphany Moon.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast