dbclark48

Exclamation Beith, Ayr. CLARK-ALLAN

John Clark married Margaret Allan about 1761, and had eight children. Can anyone relate to this family?
    I need information on their Pedigree and their descendants. If you can help, I will be most grateful.

David Clark

Del 80

Hello David, I am researching the Clarke family of Ardrossan , with roots back to Co. Down, Ireland, Bernard Clarke married Sarah Allan, they had a son Samuel I think, born 1865, he married at Kilmegan in 1896, to Sussanah McDowell, and they were in Scotland by 1901. Do'nt know if there is a connection or not with your Clark's or Allan's, but thought it might be worth a try. Regards Del.

dbclark48

Default Clark of Beith

Quote Originally Posted by Del 80 View Post
    Hello David, I am researching the Clarke family of Ardrossan , with roots back to Co. Down, Ireland, Bernard Clarke married Sarah Allan, they had a son Samuel I think, born 1865, he married at Kilmegan in 1896, to Sussanah McDowell, and they were in Scotland by 1901. Do'nt know if there is a connection or not with your Clark's or Allan's, but thought it might be worth a try. Regards Del.
    No, I am sorry I do not see any connection to Ireland or Sarah Allan. The Margaret Allan I mentioned was Aunt of a William Allan who went to Jamaica, acquired lands, and died there, but seemingly left his lands to his son, John. I see a possibility that Margaret Allan married to John Clark of BEITH, Ayr, had a large family which produced a grandson who returned to Jamaica.. Regards, DC

Del 80

Thanks for reply DC, Thought it was worth a try, with the names Clark [e] and Allan, oh well , the search goes on........Regards Del.