BMcAleer

Default John PHILLIPS, Donagh, Monaghan, 11th Regt

John PHILLIPS, born about 1806 at parish Donagh, Monaghan, occupation weaver, enlisted at Belfast in the 11th Regiment of foot 1823 at the age of 18; he was married at Corfu 7 May 1835 to Maria Jane CAMPBELL. Other family names include COLE, BURNETT, and BOYD, whose families may have also originated in this area and the men joined the British army.
    There are not many PHILLIPS families in the parish. William Phillips, Ploughland Cornacreive, is the only Phillips listed at parish Donagh in the Tithe Applotment Books, TAB23/2 p. 10. I found A john Phillips baptized 3 April 1798, son of Thomas and Elinor, in the Church of Ireland parish registers, he seems a little old. My ancestor John may be Presbyterian and I haven't see those records yet. Anyway, I would love to connect to other cousins and researchers of the area.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Phillips/Campbell

I think Maria (Mary) Jane Campbell is probably related to the Campbells that were in North Devonshire. Father - Felix and he had sons, James, Thomas and possibly others (Robert). Daughter Catherine married John edmonds of North Devonshire and other Daughter Elizabeth (born Gibraltar) married Michael Quillinan (Quinlan)

BMcAleer

Default John Phillips, Donagh, Monaghan, 11th regt

Quote Originally Posted by ozgill View Post
    I think Maria (Mary) Jane Campbell is probably related to the Campbells that were in North Devonshire. Father - Felix and he had sons, James, Thomas and possibly others (Robert). Daughter Catherine married John edmonds of North Devonshire and other Daughter Elizabeth (born Gibraltar) married Michael Quillinan (Quinlan)
    Belated thank you, this is the best clue I have received. I am still looking.My John Phillips was stationed in Devonshire for part of his career.