Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

I'm afraid I've no suggestions -- though I did wonder if it might start with R rather than B ?

Famous for offering help & advice

Thanks kerrywood!

Now its on here, maybe one of the Herefordshirians ? !! will see it and be able to point me in the right direction.

Sue

In 1881, Westbury Gloucestershire has been deleted and Ross Herefordshire written above.

So, in 1871, how about Tretire, 5 miles from Ross? Possibly a mistranscription/mishearing between the schedule and the enumerator's notebook?

Famous for offering help & advice

That sounds like a good possiblity.... If her father was the Thomas mentioned earlier in this thread, they moved around a fair bit as he was an ag.lab. They didn't move far, but appeared to have changed places of work and I'm just trying to track them.
    They're supposed to have some connection ( g.g. uncle or cousin) back to Captain Morgan. ( Family fable?) Well, they're driving me to drink, but it won't be rum-- I don't like it!! They're hubby's rellies anyway. I have my own in Herefordshire with the Powell family from Much Cowarne and surronding area.

Sue

If you think they are here in 1861
    RG9/1815 folio 101 page 1 (Llanwarne)

... and here in 1851
    HO107/1976 folio 49 page 5 (Ross)

... then Elizabeth's parents and elder sister could well be in Tretire in 1841
    HO107/431 book 13 folio 4 page 3 (Tretire)

References to records held by TNA.

Assuming you know from a birth certificate of one of the children that Elizabeth's maiden name was MORGAN, then I think you do need to order the 1865 marriage certificate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12