BMcAleer

Default 11th regiment 1835- BOYD- CAMPBELL- PHILLIPS

I'm looking for two Serjeants who were in the 11th Regiment of Foot (Devonshire) in 1835, and were witnesses at the marriage of my 3rd great grandparents, Mary Jane CAMPBELL and Serjeant John PHILLIPS, at Corfu. The witnesses were Serjeant J. BOYD and Serjeant F. CAMPBELL.

janbooth

You could try Find my Past. There are records for GRO Ionian marriages for both a James BOYD and an F CAMPBELL in Corfu and Military Services records for several James BOYDs and F CAMPBELLs.

Janet

BMcAleer

I purchased 2 marriage certficates of Corfu, that could have been marriages of the witnesses at the marriage of John Phillips and Mary Jane Campbell. More confusing unknowns to search for, which can be fun. Unfortunately, F. Campbell is still just an F.
    Corfu marriages:
    16 November 1839 James Boyd Bombr. Royl. Artillery married Margaret Purves spinster of Scotland.
    20 March 1845 F. Campbell, Barrack Sergeant married Sarah Spendlow or Spendlove, spinster, Shropshire, England

Mutley

Though the questions are different to your other thread, the answers may end up containing the same information.

Before searching I suggest members check here.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi
    I think the F Campbell is Felix Campbell who is possibly the father of Mary (maria). the attached is from the 1841 census
    https://www.freecen.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

CAtherine campbell married John Edmonds (11th regiment) and Elizabeth Campbell married Michael Quillinan and I believe that there is at least James and Thomas Campbell who are brothers of Catherine and Elizabeth and possibly more Campbells. Felix was in the 11th REgiment and a few of the children ie Elizabeth and thomas born in Gibraltar