+ Reply to Thread
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen
    Thanks

Default Hello to all from Chris in Cambridgeshire

Hi there, this is the first time I have ever posted anything; so forums and blogs are all new.
    I have only just started to try and trace my family and this has been rather problematic. This is because my father was orphaned by the age of five. So there is also no living person I know of, who knew his family. My cousin has had better luck on the other side of the family.
    Family names are ANDERSON, and possibly LAST and GOLISBERG from my fathers. From my motherís side of the family comes CARROLL, LAWRENCE, HOWE. On my wifeís family side comes GALE, GAIR BAINBRIDGE and BALL. Plenty to go on but many hurdles.

Mutley

Welcome to the forum.

Take a look around the various boards and start asking those questions giving as much information as you can. We have very good demolition experts here that love a challenge though be aware that you are not allowed to name persons still living.

Good Luck.

Famous for offering help & advice
    Thanks

Chris, welcome to the forum - it is a very friendly place and you will soon find your way around (be aware what you are starting out on is so very addictive)
    As for your father, your first clues will be on his birth certificate (if you do not know how to get it, just ask) which will give you his parents names and his mother's maiden name. From this info you should be able to trace them back through the censuses.
    Enjoy your searching - lots of people on here are very willing to help.

Settling in
    Thanks

Hi Chris
    I may be able to help you with your father's side of the tree if you need it.

Super Moderator Lesley Robertson's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,205 Posts

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Nadia.
    Chris hasn't visited since 2010. If the email address he registered with is still valid, he should get a message telling him that you have replied to his thread, and may return.

In the mean time, why don't you have a look around our assorted forums and tell us a bit about your research?

Settling in
    Thanks

Hi thank you Lesley, I was hoping Chris would get an email ��

I will introduce myself on another thread.

Nadia

+ Reply to Thread