Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    obbie

ive no conection with family !
    if any of the names below are kids names that went with parents
    (google) rootsireland a fee paying site where you can get copys of there baptism records , typed .

Church Baptism Heenan Mary 1830 Co. Offaly all born to a father , dennis
    Church Baptism Heenan Jer 1831 Co. Offaly
    Church Baptism Heenan Jer 1831 Co. Offaly
    Church Baptism Heenan Owen 1833 Co. Offaly
    Church Baptism Heenan Thomas 1834 Co. Offaly
    Church Baptism Heenan Dan 1840 Co. Offaly

Church Baptism Heenan Margaret 1834 Co. Offaly born to father denis

would be worth while to search surrounding countys for other baptisms and parents marriage

Jacqueline S

Hello Jackie
    My answer probably won't be much help to you, but as far as I know my great grandfather Denis Heenan emigrated to Scotland from Birr, Ireland prior to leaving with his family for NZ around 1840. It appears something to do with the Crotty Schism, where followers seem to have been forced away from Birr, and some headed to Scotland. It may be possible if Peter lived in Birr that he was a brother of Denis?

mariah

Sorry no Peters or Susans anywhere in sight and my family emigrated from Ireland to NZ

mariah

Very interesting! I had been aware from 1821 census that there were 2 Den(n)is Heenans in this area and think there may have been some confusion over dates. No idea how they were connected. None of these names are from my branch but baptism certs may give some links. Thank you.

mariah

Hi Jacqueline S Fascainated to see you are now in Greece. Last time we connected I was in France and you in Oz just back from France. I'm interested to see that you say our common ancestor Denis emigrated to Scotland. I knew that they left from London in 1850 but as I have notes from a relation (now deceased and no record of where the information came from) saying that the oldest girls were admitted to the the Presbyterian Church in Birr in 1849 and/or (I can't quite read the handwriting) 1850, I presumed they stated in Birr and left from there for London. Denis and Judith (which seems to be an alternative name for Johanna), young Denis and 3 other children had been admitted around 1840. What do you know about the Scottish connection?

Jacqueline S

Hello again Mariah - sorry I meant to reply to you earlier, and yes I do remember touching base with you 2 or 3 years ago when I was heading to Ireland. Many thanks for the feedback on dates etc - I'll keep digging! Good luck with your other family searches .

Jacqueline S

Hello again Mariah - sorry I hadn't seen your reply when I added the other quick message (below)! Yes, I am now living in Greece - it seems us Heenans are always on the move! As far as the Scottish connection, I have nothing on paper, but as far as I recall when visiting the Castle in Birr (where evidently there is a Heenan field, though I couldn't quite find it) I was told by a helpful gentleman on the desk that the Heenans and a lot of the other Crottyites left Birr for Scotland when they began to be persecuted for their break away from the Church. They then travelled from Scotland to England to leave on the ship to NZ. Unfortunately my time in Ireland was shortened, so I didn't get to investigate further. I will have a look around for my notes and see if I have anything more concrete, but what you say about the oldest girls would probably dispute that. Was the relative you mention Wilma Fuller by any chance?

mariah

They may have originated with Wilma though I never got anything directly from her. Mostly from Daphne Trevena who was in touch with Wilma, Margaret Saville, Mary Neill ( who did the updated family tree) and Joyce McCredie. I think the photos and map of the farm at Holybrook came from Margaret. I too visited the castle but couldn't find anyone who knew anything about the Heenans apart from the name of Heenans Field which one family member said was so named because a Heenan drowned in the area. If you are at the same email address as a few years ago I could send the notes I typed up from Daphne's recollections of family stories of their !st few years in Dunedin.

locallad27

Quote Originally Posted by locallad27 View Post
    https://search.labs.familysearch.org
    has a Heenan birth in 1783
    The site address for the Irish Civil Register has been altered.

Jack

Jacqueline S

Hello again Mariah (I do hope only one reply appears as we've been dropping on and off line!)
    I would love to receive a copy of your notes if thats possible and I'm fairly sure my email address will be the same one - many thanks. Most of what I've managed to gather has been via Wilma or Mary Neill and I've not had any contact with Joyce (or Margaret Saville). Have you seen the booklet referred to in one of the other posts above? I have seen a website with Denis & Johanna's DOB as listed on the Mariner and it refers to a Brian Heenan - have you had contact with him at all?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast