Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

I forgot to mention in my original post that I did obtain the death certificate of William John Baldwin born in 1876. He died in Canada but at the time of his death they did not require the information of the father and mother. I am hoping there is another way to link him with his real father.
    As Keyboard has previously said, send for his marriage certificate
    Marriage John William Baldwin to Frances Simmonds Dec qtr 1875 Cookham 2c 923
    If his father is listed as 'John Baldwin printer/compositor' you're home and dry. If if doesn't say that, then -
    Pam

Hi Bigsky,
    First of all ignore everything that's been written in this thread by anyone other than yourself.

Secondly, I am and definitely going to wear my for the next twenty-four hours. After accusing Keyboard of having a very senior moment, I stand guilty of not doing a further census check. Had I done so, I would have realised that you have two different families in your first post.
    Keyboard has found a marriage for the William John born 1855 and who I found living in Pancras in 1861, and 1871 - and also in 1881. Therefore the William John born 1855 in Pancras is NOT the father of the William John born 1876 in Staines.

Does your other information on
    William John Baldwin born 9 Jul 1876 Sub-district of Staines Co of Middlesex. Father was John William Baldwin born about 1855 and mother Frances Simmonds. Registration district Staines.
    include him marrying a Louisa (Louise?) in 1896, having sons William and Edward, and then emigrating to Canada between 1901 and 1911? If so, you can completely forget all about the Pancras and Northamptonshire Baldwins and all the bumpf I typed earlier.
    And then to Keyboard. Who will no doubt put you back on the right road again, while I'm (rightfully) sitting on the naughty step.
    Keyboard - you're a star.

And apologies Wendy - your 1881 census entry will be correct if Bigsky confirms the marriage and children details for William born 1876 Staines, so that actually needn't be ignored.
    Pam
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 02-06-2010 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Added a bit for Wendy

bigsky865

Smile Baldwin Link between farther and son

Thank you so much. I just found this census tonight and was going to start looking at it. Thank you for the information on the marriage. I didn't know it would show the parents. This is perfect. Then hopefully I can do this for the rest of them. I tried to map out all the Baldwins I picked and they looked like there were living pretty close to each other. So glad you got me off the St Pancras because that wasn't really fitting in. Now I can't wait to get the marriage certificate.

Thanks again,

Bigsky865

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard86 View Post
    Hi hope this will help out in your quest:-

Does this look like John W Baldwin in Staines

1861 Census

Richard Baldwin Head 39 occ Agricultural Lab born Cookham Dean Berks
    Mary Ann Wife 33 born Pill middx
    Mary Ann Daugh 8 born Wraysbury Bucks
    John W Son 6 born Wraysbury Bucks
    George Son 4 born Staines Middx
    Elizabeth Daugh 1 born Staines Middx

Plus Lodgers

Residing at Thames Street Staines Middx

Census Ref RG09/765/13/17

1871 Census ( Now calling himself William )

Richard Baldwin 50
    Ann 40
    William 17
    George 15
    Lucy 10
    Eliza 8
    Ellen 6
    Emma 4
    Richard 2

Plus lodger

Resing at Thames Street Staines

Census Ref RG10/1306/6/4

Census Refs Courtesy of and copyright TNA

Hope this helps you, any questions just shout!

Keyboard86

bigsky865

Thanks Pam for the info too. You all are wonderful to help others. This was my first reply back to a post and I answered Keybord wrong. Do I feel stupid. I wrote my reply in Keyboards reply.

bigsky

bigsky865

Thank you Windy for the info. This all helps put this together.

Bigsky

Morning Bigsky,
    I am still extremely concerned that 'we' might still be on the wrong track. I need you to confirm that your ancestor Wlliam John Baldwin married a Louisa (Louise?) in 1896, had sons William and Edward, and then emigrated to Canada between 1901 and 1911. (As per what I've written in message #12.)
    If you can't say 'yes' to those details, then we need to know where and how the details you have differ
    Pam

Keyboard86

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Morning Bigsky,
    I am still extremely concerned that 'we' might still be on the wrong track. I need you to confirm that your ancestor Wlliam John Baldwin married a Louisa (Louise?) in 1896, had sons William and Edward, and then emigrated to Canada between 1901 and 1911. (As per what I've written in message #12.)
    If you can't say 'yes' to those details, then we need to know where and how the details you have differ
    Pam
    To keep the sanity of at least one poster to this thread, can someone please find the route this possible family took to end up in Canada?
    As usual off work using mobile and want an end to the story!
    Keyboard

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky865 View Post
    Hello

I forgot to mention in my original post that I did obtain the death certificate of William John Baldwin born in 1876. He died in Canada but at the time of his death they did not require the information of the father and mother. I am hoping there is another way to link him with his real father.

Thank you,

bigsky865:
    Have you looked for obituaries or Wills?

(Sorry I hit the reply with quotes instead of the multi-quote thing)

v.wells

Couldn't find a William John & Louisa/e Baldwin on the incoming. Kind of hard to search as don't have her dob or place of birth - unless I missed something in the confusion. Has anyone found them on the 1911 census in England. They might be easier to track on FMP, to which I don't have a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by v.wells View Post
    Couldn't find a William John & Louisa/e Baldwin on the incoming. Kind of hard to search as don't have her dob or place of birth - unless I missed something in the confusion. Has anyone found them on the 1911 census in England. They might be easier to track on FMP, to which I don't have a sub.
    Hi Vanessa,
    I think I have the correct William in 1901 (he's the only one who says he was born in Staines , and he says that both him and Louisa/e are 28, his wife allegedly born in Australia.
    There is no obvious William and family in 1911, which is why I'm waiting for Bigsky to confirm that (a) I've got the correct William and (b) an approximate date of emigration, before I possibly waste time looking any further.
    Ignore Keyboard - he's just being a dog with a bone with this family, and won't let go until we find all the answers. (Perhaps we can interest him in Annie Stuart/Cox? )
    Pam

(to Bigsky - ignore Annie Stuart/Cox. She's nothing to do with your Baldwins, but is someone Vanessa is having trouble with.)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast