Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lizzy9

Quote Originally Posted by notanotherminer View Post
    That was quite a find Lizzie. I'm impressed
    Thanks, but not that impressive - I searched using Florence Maria (no surname) and up she popped

Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    John AW PONTON appears to have written a paper on Epidemic Poliomyelitus or Infective paralysis

google the name and scroll down the page
    Thanks everyone for your replies,gratefully accepted. "Geneius" I have googled but can't find anything about his paper. any other clues please

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ponton View Post
    Thanks everyone for your replies,gratefully accepted. "Geneius" I have googled but can't find anything about his paper. any other clues please
    Silly boy-got it now!!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Epidemic poliomyelitis, or “infective paralysis.”by JAW Ponton - 1913
    springerlink.com/index/H57Q79N75N05M222.pdf (prefix www.)

Ooops did not scroll down for your reply!!!!!!

Hi, Eric, not sure if you will see this, or even if it is of any interest, but I am in the process of selling our house in Bude after 30 years occupation: it was built by Dr J A W Ponton in 1928, he sold it to Mrs Gwen Herbert, who still lives near here, and I bought it from her. I have copies of some of the conveyances etc through the 20th century.
    By August 1957 he had died (and his ashes scattered in the rose garden here, according to a local postman!).
    His widow Mrs Florence Marie Ponton sold the house to Mrs Herbert on or around 1st March 1961 for £4000.
    Interestingly, he added the letters MD after his name, clearly his main medical qualification, which strongly suggests that he qualified outside the UK (Ireland? USA??).
    Best wishes,
    Ricard Page

Thanks dorichpage for the info. JAW died in May 1957 but I have no record of his wife's death. Do you know what happened to her after she sold the house. Wonder if she went back to Dublin/

Thanks dorichpage for the info. JAW died in May 1957 but I have no record of his wife's death. Do you know what happened to her after she sold the house. Wonder if she went back to Dublin/
    Hi Eric, no I have no idea what happened after she sold up here, but I will ask Mrs Herbert when I see her next.
    Richard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12