Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Du Feu Jersey

Sarnia1

Default Du Feu Jersey

Hi All ,I am searching for information on PHILIP JOHN DU FEU, BORN ABOUT 1852, JERSEY, there seems to be plenty of them born in Jersey, but cant find a match for the date I have, or to whom he married, I do know he had a son also PHILIP JOHN DU FEU, my great grandfather, hope some one may be able to help
    from Sarnia

Knowledgeable and helpful

If this in 1901 and 1891 is your gt-grandfather the working back this must be his father's family :
    1901 RG13; Piece:*5316; Folio:*87; Page:*6.
    Philip Du Feu 48
    Amelia Jane Feu50
    Philip J du Feu 20
    Herbert j du Feu19
    Hedley b du Feu16
    Florence a du Feu12

1891 RG12; Piece:*4699; Folio*143; Page*9
    Philip Du Feu 33 ( corrected to 38) farmer
    Amelia Jane Feu40
    Philip John du Feu 10
    Herbert J du Feu9
    Clarence Frs 7
    Hedley B du Feu 6
    Ernest Ed 4
    Florence a du Feu 2
    Eva Miriam 2 months

Peter Du Feu 64 farmer
    Rachel Elizabeth Du Feu 62
    Frances Edward Du Feu 27 (? looks like 19)
    Anna Maria Du Feu 25
    Mary Ann Du Feu 23

1881 RG11; Piece:*5621; Folio:*56; Page:*4
    Peter Du Feu 54
    Rachel Elizabeth Du Feu 51
    Philip Du Feu 28
    Frances Edward Du Feu 17
    Anna Maria Du Feu 15
    Mary Ann Du Feu 13

1871 RG10; Piece:*5763; Folio:*68; Page:*4
    Peter Du Feu 44
    Rachel Elizabeth Du Feu 42
    Philip Du Feu 18
    Peter John 11
    Frances Edward Du Feu 8
    Anna Maria Du Feu 5
    Mary Ann Du Feu 3

1861 RG9; Piece:*4405; Folio:*82; Page:*12;
    Philip du Feu 64
    Mary Jane du Feu 44
    Peter Du Feu 34
    Rachel Elizabeth Du Feu 32
    Philip Du Feu 8
    Mary ann Du Feu 6
    Peter John Du Feu 1
    Frances J Du Feu 28
    Edward Ph Du Feu 20

(All census copyright TNA)

Sarnia1

Thank you so much for the info you sent I will see if it fits into my tree, this is so exciting!!!

Stewart Hill

Hi

I had found an entry for a Philip John Du Feu in the St Helier birth index, 21st Apr 1849 to 10th Jun 1850, volume 17, page 68. - but now looking at the above I'm not so sure this is the right one. Let me know if you want me to look at the certifictae and see who the parents are.

Stewart
    Last edited by Stewart Hill; 18-05-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Spelling!

Sarnia1

I will check my dates again and get back to you if you dont'mind helping me, slao if you want me to go look up anything here please ask
    many thanks from sarnia

peterian

Hi, I have a Philip John Du Feu in my family tree. Born 1861. St. Helier, son of Philip John Du Feu; both men appear to have moved to Guernsey. Any link, I wonder?

Sarnia1

Default Philip John Du Feu

Quote Originally Posted by peterian View Post
    Hi, I have a Philip John Du Feu in my family tree. Born 1861. St. Helier, son of Philip John Du Feu; both men appear to have moved to Guernsey. Any link, I wonder?
    Hi, sorry for not replying before my computor had a vreakdown and only came out of the shop about 3 hrs ago
    Philip John Du Feu was my great grandfather he married Alice Brehaut and lived in St peter port Guernsey 1891 cencus coffee hse keeper born Jersey St Helier and had 4 sons John - William - charles Reginald in 1901 they also has Alice maud (my grandmother) Florence and Clifford I wonder if we are related, once again sorry for the delay but please get in touch again especially if \I can be of any help its hard for you to get hold of local record but i can have access to the priaulx libary her in guernsey hope to hear from you soon Sheila

peterian

Default Philip John Du Feu

Hi, Iam researching my Du Feu ancestors, and I think we may share a common link.
    My 3x great grandfather was Philippe Du Feu, he married twice and farthered alot of children.
    His eldest son was Philippe Du Feu, he married and had 6 children; only 1 survived, Philip John Du Feu. He married twice and I am fairly sure his son from his first marriage is Philip John Du Feu who married Alice Brehaut.
    I have blogged my research at: philippedufeu.co.uk
    Thanks for replying to my email.
    Regards, Ian.

Sarnia1

Hi Ian
    this is what i have so far: Philip John Du Feu b. 1859 St Ouen Jsy/ died 6th June 1934 ( I have the death certificate if you want a copy - married 30 October1879 in town church Gsy to Alice Elizabeth Brehaut ....... Alice maud b1895 Gsy D 12 march 1982 (my grandmother) Married 9 August 1913 to John Harold Goodenough b. Langton Herring Portland Dorset Florence may b. 1896 D gsy (can get date)never married was a Nurse Clifford John b.1897 D. Gsy Married Lucy Charles Isacc b.1888 m Henrietta fron Bridgewater Somerset Lilly Isabella B 1905 never married John P b.1881 William Frederick b.1886 Reginald James B.1889 Thomas b. 1895 hope this is of some use from Sheila

Super Moderator

Default Du feu Family

I am researching the family tree for my friend who is a Du feu. He was born in Jersey and is related to the family you are researching Sarnia.

Would you get in touch with me and we shall see if we can help heach other.

I have only just started researching but have got as far as Phillipe born 1816. My friend has often talked about the farm. During the Occupation, the German's took out the fences which meant that the boundaries were lost!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast