Thread: Lone Pine

Lone Pine

Wink Lone Pine

As some people are aware I was looking for my Grandfather who was kiled in WW1 fighting with the Australians, and then 2 years ago I found him after being led up the "garden path" by mis information from the family (deliberate) I hasten to add, I discovered I had a very naught Nanny lol.
    I discovered my Grandfather had been killed in action at Lone Pine Gallipoli between 6 to 9 August 1915 fighting with the 4th Battalion AIF.

Well the good news is, guess who is off to Lone Pine Gallipoli, yeap me yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I should be there on the 11th June,I am so excitied, I am the only one of the family to go there ever.

We are going on a cruise so will only be there for a day,but I think that is enough for me. Have ordered a spray of poppies to take with as that is supposed to be small and the way I pack it needs to be, Hubby always moans that I take everything bar the kitchen sink.

So I leave on 7th June for Istanbul, then Canakkale, for Gallipoli, then Izmir, Santorini and Rhodes the back to Marmaris, I can't wait I am so excited.

I will try and post pics but will deffo let you know how I felt and what I have seen, I can't wait and I can't believe it either.

Famous for offering help & advice

Lone Pine....

Have a safe and memorable trip. It certainly sounds like the trip of a lifetime! I am certain it will be emotional as well and I for one look forward to seeing your pics. What a lovely way to honour your grandfather.

Sue

v.wells

Lone Pine - How lovely for you to be able to visit where your grandfather was killed. And poppies, well I can't think of a better tribute other than your presence. Share your photos, please! The cruise sounds lovely, but keep safe always.