Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Default TWO MYSTERY CHILDREN AND ONE MISSING BOY

The MILLER family are all together in 1911. John E Miller, wife Anna and children Charles, Annie, George, Donald, Gordon, Frederick and Kate. I am not sure where to find the reference on my 1911 sheet but they are all living in Stowupland, Suffolk.
    Now in 1901 the family is complete, excepting of course the children born after 1901. TNA RG13/1761/120/1
    However 1891 is a puzzle. TNA Copyright RG12/1456/103/5.

I am sure I have the correct parents John and Anna however I cannot find any birth reg. for Sidney and Hetty nor are they mentioned in 1901 or 1911.

John and Anna were married Set qtr 1885 which would make Sidney at 9 born prior to marriage. Anna's maiden name was Scott but cannot find a Sidney Scott born in Old Newton at all. I cannot find any death for Sidney nor Hetty. Possible Hetty is a nickname. Any suggestions on a correct form for Hetty?

The other puzzle I have concerns my ancestor Charles Edward Miller who was born in 1886 a year after his parent's marriage but I cannot find him in 1891. He is present in 1901 and 1911. he was married in dec 1911 to Kate Lillistone
    In 1901 there is a large gap between Charles at 15 and John at 9 which would suggest to me that Sidney and Hetty did actually exist. He was born Stowupland.

Hope above is clear and I have given all necessary info.
    Thanks for help
    Marj.

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Dargie
    Any suggestions on a correct form for Hetty?
    Henrietta?

Thomasin

Or Harriet, Hester/Esther ....

For anyone trying to help
    1911 TNA copy right
    Stow Upland Suffolk
    John E Miller 48 Manure works stoker Stoe Upland Suffolk
    Ann wife 47 Old newton Suffolk
    Charles R E 25 hardware merchant
    Annie 15 millinery apprentice
    George 13 hardware errand boy
    Donald 10
    Gordon 9
    Frederick 7
    Kate 5
    All children born Stow Upland

John and Anna married 25 years 12 children born, 11 living.

So 4 children living elswhere in 1911. There is a 10 year gap between Charles and Annie in this census.

Thanks Christanel, I am only able to obtain the Transcript and not the original. So... that gives me something else to work on. 12 children but only one dead.

John and Lily came after Charles 1892 and 1894. So they are 2 of the four missing in 1911.

Thanks Geoffers and Thomasin. I'll give those names a try.

I rushed the thread on whilst cooking tea so now I will wait until it gets quiet and have a good look. Not sure I want to watch Swann's Budget tonight!
    Marj.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

In 1901, Hetty, aged 12, is a visitor in the household of Eliza Rowe in Stowupland. RG13/1761 folio 135 page 13.

Census details TNA copyright.

For a birth registration for Hetty, based purely on the basis of the quarter/year fits for the census age, and it's also the only name with an 'H' in it for Stow S. registration district - Mary Elizabeth H W Miller, December quarter 1888.

Pam

Copper

How to find the reference for this entry in 1911 census.

This is what FMP gives you at the top of the page.

Reference RG14PN10689 RG78PN576 RD209 SD3 ED4 SN78

The reference you need to write down on your copy is:-

RG14 PN10689 SN78
    SN is the the number written on the top right of the copy but in my experience is not always clear. The numbers I have ignored in the long string are those associated with the enumerators books.

Thanks Copper..will keep for future reference

Have found a Harriet ...possibly Hetty? However born in 1887 so could not be 2 in 1891.
    Ho Hum
    Still no luck finding Sidney's birth. Charles is nowhere in 1891. Do you think the parents sometimes forgot how many children they had epecially if one was outside feeding the chooks?

There is a birth for a Sydney William Scott Stow S, June 1/4 1881, vol 4a page 650. I know your Sidney is Sidney S in 1891 but a possibility or have you already discounted this one?

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

In view of the fact that Anna's maiden name was Scott, how about Sidney William Scott MILLER, living in Ipswich in 1911? RG14 PN10821 SN186
    Married September quarter 1908 to Miriam Kathleen T. Hall. (According to the census, the 'T' stands for Towse.) One son, Norman Eustace Miller, aged 11 months.
    Census details TNA copyright.
    Seems a good match for the birth registration Christanel found.
    Pam
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 11-05-2010 at 9:49 AM. Reason: Added final sentence

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast