British Viking

Default Worried about leeches?

Do you folks worry sometimes about others (not B-G members of course) sort of "pinching" all your hard work?

I only mention this because I recall, after hours and hours of research and quite a bit of expenditure, creating a Family Tree on G........ Eventually I found a very similiar Family Tree where it seemed the info had been "lifted" from my hard worked tree...very suspicious...

Since then I have removed it and created no more trees for any "unwarranted" online onlookers.

Sad but true I'm afraid.

Anybody else had this misfortune?

v.wells

I think all of us at one time or another have had "leeches" latch on to our posted trees, but if your information is all sourced with back up facts, there is really no point in worrying about what other people do. Feel flattered that they borrowed your work and used it (albeit without your permission). I never open my tree on GR and if I do , there are no sources for people to claim as theirs. Most people are noble, yet just a few are not - it is those few that cast a bad light on the rest of us, who work hard and pay good money for authenticated facts.