terrysfamily

Default Help finding my uncles Service Record

I have just been looking through my family tree and I see have loads of information on “great” and “grand” parents on my mothers side of the family. I also have quite a bit of info on my aunts but seem to be lacking somewhat on my uncles.

I know that one of my uncles, William Thomas Pressdee born 1924 Obley, Chapplelawn, Shropshire was in the armed forces but that is all I know. His parents were Albert and Alice Pressdee.

With him being born in 1924, I take it he would have been called up for national service. If he were called at 18, then that would have been in 1942 this being during WW2.

Therefore, my question is;

Where can I find information about his service?

As he died in 1983, there is no chance of getting the info from him, he was also a joker and you could never get a straight answer from him.

He only has 4 surviving sisters and sadly, they are at the age where either they can’t remember or things are very muddled.

Any help at all would be gratefully received.

Terry

Procat

Hi,

This link may be of use.

terrysfamily

Thank you Procat, and thanks for the reply on the Birmingham forum the other day about B-G being down.

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by terrysfamily View Post
    Thank you Procat, and thanks for the reply on the Birmingham forum the other day about B-G being down.
    Sh, not so loud. I don't want Pam to know I use other forums.

terrysfamily

Ahhh, a nods as good as a wink to a blind man, say no more

Hmmm, I see I could apply for his army record but at a cost of £30 a search, a little steep for me. Think i'll forgo that for now, especially, as I can only give them his name to search on, I don’t know his army number.

Thanks again

Terry

terrysfamily

Just found an old thread started by yours truely from july last year "The Question, but what is the Question?." Honestly, my memory is that of a gold thing that swims in a bowl

"Her brother William was in WW11, she says he was in the Cameroon’s (I have no idea what this is)"

I still have no idea what the "Cameroons" is/are

Anybody? And no mocking the afflicted

Terry

Jan1954

The Cameroons is/was in West Africa and was occupied by British, French and Belgian troops during WW1. Click here to read more.

Procat

Just found an old thread started by yours truely from july last year "The Question, but what is the Question?." Honestly, my memory is that of a gold thing that swims in a bowl

"Her brother William was in WW11, she says he was in the Cameroon’s (I have no idea what this is)"

Anybody? And no mocking the afflicted

Terry
    Possibly the Queens Own Cameron Highlanders?

terrysfamily

Thank you Jan1954

I think I have a picture somewhere, not a very clear one but it might help show his dress.

terrysfamily