Andrea

Default Nathaniel Merrifield b 1808 Melbury, Dorset

Looking for any information about the Merrifield family and would like to share information.

Henry Edwin Merrifield b 1833 Dorset possibly bap Cann Dorset who married Ann Blunden 1859

Also Nathaniel Merrifield who emigrated to America and married in New York Josephine Glynn 1892

Andrea Ward

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Merrifield

Hi there is a christening for Henry Edwin 31.3.1833 son to Nathaniel & Caroline Carpenter. One good site for Dorset if OPC Dorset, they are putting on christenings marriages and burial. A very good site and well worth a visit. You just visit the parish click on the dates you want to check and schroll down. Cann seems to be covered very well so good luck.

Irene

Andrea

Default merrifield

Hi Irene

Thank you for the information, I will try the site.

Andrea

Graeme Merifield

Hi there

I have just come across this site in a random search- I did a lot of reasearch into my family tree a few years ago, and was just looking back it it tonight. Nathaniel Merryfield (spellings seem to change all the time!) born 1808 Melbury Abbass, had a son, Henrey Edwin born in Cann in 1833- he married an AnneBlunden when he moved up to Teddington Middx, and then himself had a son Nathaniel born 1869 Teddington who Married Josephine Glynne- they are my great grandparents- they had a son, Earnest Alfred Merifield who was my grandfather, and he had a son Dennis Merifield..and I'm his son...

I've got lots of info and was just thinking of looking though it all again and trying to find some of the descendents and tying up loose ends...feel free to contact me if you like and we can compare notes....

Graeme Merifield, [email protected]

Andrea

Default Henry Edwin Merrifield

Hi Graeme

Thankyou for your reply, yes it is the same family as mine.

I will contact you direct.

Andrea

MarkJ

There are a number of Merrifield entires (and other variants) in my Parish records here in Cornwall. Possibly no connection to your Dorset family, but if you have "lost" any, maybe a branch moved South.

Andrea

Default Merifield

Hi Mark

I had a look at your Parish records and found them very interesting.

Thank you for the information.

Andrea