Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    busyglen

Just caught up with this thread....I'm really enjoying reading this, and I like the way it is set out with the pictures, cards etc. It is really well presented.

Glenys

Patrish

John

What a wonderful way of showing the family your history - I've not read all of it yet, but what I've seen is just great.
    Pat

Gambrill

Hello Glenys - thanks for your encouragement.

You may not realize this, but over the years on B-G Forums, I am among the 3210 of your posts to this site. You have helped me in tracing the families I am now writing about. Many thanks.

As you are from Kent, you may be able to help on a new story "Origin of the Gambrill Name" that I have just added to the MyLookBackInTime website.

John G

marmaduke123

This really is one of the best family history websites I have seen! Congratulations! I wish I knew how to do something similar, as like you I have a lot of data I would like to display in an interesting way.

Anne

busyglen

I'm not too sure about Gambrill, John but I have found something that might possibly be of help (or not as the case may be)
    I'll PM you the details I have found.

Glenys

mfwebb

What a superb and inspirational website. Congratulations.

Like most others here I have been toying with the idea for years of putting some of my information on the internet for the family to see.

Having seen your site I was inspired so I put a few pages of my research up on my own site to see how it might look. All the pages here at
    www.
    mfwebb.co.uk/mysteriousorigins
    were already in a format to simply paste into MS Publisher and upload, so it only took me an hour or so to put a few pages together. I just now need to scan some of my old photos to illustrate the text. Early days, but thanks for the inspiration. I just need the time to develop it now but I hope to be retired shortly so . . .

Like others have said, yours is the best family history website on the internet I have seen.
    Last edited by Mutley; 04-01-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: direct link to personal website - see AUP

spison

Another good idea. Well done Malcolm.
    Jane

Wilkes_ml

It looks good - I'll have to have a good read later! It is something that I tried to attempt a couple of years ago, but using free website. I found I was very limited to space available to me, and have often thought about trying to create something better.

Also, I feel as though I should know you - as some of the name places are familiar - my ancestors would have been neighbours of yours! Some of mine were born in Woodnesborough Kent ( and my business is located there!) and some other ancestors of mine were born and raised at Stisted, Essex!

Koop

I think your website is fabulous!
    I'd love to do something like that but I lack your talent for writing and I've no clue about putting up a website
    Perhaps you could start a new forum and give us few tips.....in your 'spare' time

jault

Like the other members, I was very impressed with your web site – a lesson for us all.
    One thing that struck me was that the Gambrill’s were coastguards. I also have a relative born in Woodnesborough and the family rumour is that the family were linked to the infamous smuggling gangs in Romney Marsh. This guy was a Charles Bailey b1838.
    I would assume that if the story were correct it would have been the Aldington Gang whose leader George Ransley was married to an Elizabeth Bailey. In addition there were other gang members Samuel Bailey, Rhoda Bailey and John Bailey. The whole thing was broken up in 1826 when the leaders were arrested and deported. If my relative was connected it would have been his uncles who were involved and they may well have known George Gambrill if they were in the same business although on opposite sides of the fence.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast