Thread: Witzend

DaveinInskip

Default Witzend

Hello Folks,could some fine person help me with a FreeREG problem?

Since Aug last I have been plodding along entering the bmd's for Upholland,I have saved all my transcripts to a floppy disc,uploading each 500,no problems.

when I had finished I reformatted my floppy ( to empty it) and then set about a new transcription of Croston.

Whenever I now try to save my new file I get an error message can't save the csv file,or words to that effect. I then go into a loop "do I want to save the file,answer yes,reply cant",if I press cancel at this point I am given 2 error messages titled unhandled exception.
    I then cannot get rid of Win reg from my screen,I finish up having to switch of the computer(Vista by the way).
    I have removed Winreg and re installed to no effect.

I am sure its a problem with where I save but dont know how to correct it.

I am there,I have reached Witzend

Help

Dave in Inskip

Mutley

I really don't have a clue but when the error messages show there should be a string of numbers and letters following the 'unhandled exception'. (There are lots of different reasons for a 'ue'.)

Copy and paste or type into google and see if it is explained. It could be to do with a registry error but as I said I am not a techie so am only guessing.

DaveinInskip

Hello Mutley,you are right there man,theres a whole list of reasons,one of which mentions a bolien library !!!, I tried to paste it to my e-mail but it wouldn't let me copy it. I have just tried to restoe back about 6 days which it did but the same trouble when trying to save.

Mike Fry

Contact me off-list at mikefry AT iafrica DOT com I'll do what I can to help.

In the meantime, search your machine for the Snipping Tool and read up on it. Very useful for capturing images off of the screen and emailing them.
    Last edited by Procat; 27-04-2010 at 9:10 AM. Reason: Email address edited against those horrible spammers

DaveinInskip

Mike Fry fixed it for me,offline

Thanks Mike