Abbreviation

Default James Adnams Chieveley

I have been getting on quite well with tracing my Adnams ancestors. I traced William Adnams back to the 1851 census where his occupation was listed as Agricultural labourer and primitive lay preacher. I thought I'd check out the link Sue supplied to see if there were any Adnams listed on the CCED. There is a James Adnams listed, it says office/status schoolmaster, Location Chieveley Berkshire (which is where William was born) date of appt. 23/7/1770.
    As I'm quite new to this could anyone help and advise how I could find out more info on James Adnams. Thank you

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Abbreviation View Post
    I thought I'd check out the link Sue supplied to see if there were any Adnams listed on the CCED. There is a James Adnams listed, it says office/status schoolmaster, Location Chieveley Berkshire (which is where William was born) date of appt. 23/7/1770.
    As I'm quite new to this could anyone help and advise how I could find out more info on James Adnams.
    The source of the database entry for John ADNAMS is given as W&SRO, D1/22/8 (Subscription Book). The Source Bibliography locates this at the Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre in Chippenham, presumably because Chieveley is in the Diocese of Salisbury.

I don't know what details the Subscription Book might give, but you could email the History Centre and ask if the relevant entry contains anything more on your man?

Abbreviation

Thanks Kerrywood. Looks as though I might have been following the wrong Adnams anyway!