Loves to help with queries

Question Gertrude Annie Norton m. ???? Jackson

Gertrude Annie Norton married a ......... Jackson Sep 1/4 1920 Salford, Lanc. Vol 8d, 191 but the England/Wales Index only shows Jackson, can't bring up given name after clicking on "find spouse". Free BMD's have no records at all 1920 for Sep 1/4 thru to Dec 1/4 for Jackson (and there's hundreds of them in the other 1/4's), nor any Norton's during Sep/Dec. 1920. Seems they've gone missing, all Sep/Dec. 1920 that is. So .... is sending for the marriage cert. the only answer here. I've found one birth for a Jackson/Norton that seems to fit, 1921, a Janette Jackson born Barton upon Irwell (for what it's worth). Much appreciate any opinions/ideas. Regards. Lizzie

Procat

Hi,

Sept Q 1920

Peter Jackson, Spouse Norton, Salford, 8d 191

Note that the spouse has been indexed as Noton

Beautiful Doug, my thanks again and I'm not going to ask ........ Liz

A fountain of knowledge

the marriage is on www.lancashirebmd.org.uk they married in Salford Christ Church .....allan

Red face Gertrude Annie

Thank you Allan, brain not engaged, out of my comfort zone of Leic., Staffs, Derbs. Did not give Lanc. BMD a thought. Regards ..... Liz

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Smile Gertrude Annie Norton great grandmother?

Hi, just seen this thread, and I'm wondering if Gertrude Annie Norton might be my great grandmother. My relation Gertrude May (married name) married Albert May in 1905 and both were apparently from the Bedminster area. My grandmother Marjorie Georgina Dorothy May was born in 1920, died 1999, she had 2 sisters, Rose (b.1913) and Peggy (b.1925). If you see this, any thoughts? The dates and area seem to match (ish). Thanks and have a great day. Peter Easley