Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    roz1

Default looking for lost Auntie and family

I am not quite sure were to go with this. I have tried the Birth deaths and marriages on the Australia sight that I have found.
    But have had no joy I am looking for my great auntie Blanche Mabel Fagg she preferred to be called Mabel Born 1907 Greater London, and her husband Albert Victor Fagg born 1906 born London who we know died in Australia in either late 1950 early 1960. This was in a letter sent to my dad in 1960. Also messioned in the letter was a sheep ranch that I believed my Auntie and Uncle were running. There were two children from Mabel from her first marriage in the UK we are not sure if they took there stepfathers name or not.

The son was born 1932 in Woolwich London who I have been told joined the New south Wales police

The daughter was born 1935 in Woolwich London

Mabel marred her second husband Albert Victor Fagg in the UK and then emigrated to Australia in 1948

I was told Mabel came back to the UK after the death of her second husband but I haven't been able to find a death record for her.

Anybody with any idea were I can find this information or just a point in the right direction would be helpful thank-you

Last edited by Jan1954; 11-04-2010 at 4:50 PM. Reason: Details removed of possibly living people

Valued member of Brit-Gen.

Hi Roz1

Have you got this ?

Marriage between Albert V Fagg and Blanche M Ricketts

Dartford 1939

Sept qtr V2a p4080

From freebmd
    Lesley

Valued member of Brit-Gen.

Also

Marriage

Blanche Mabel Will and Albert G Ricketts

Woolwich 1930

v.1d p.2442

Ref:freebmd

Hugh Thompson

Hi Roz, there are two listings in the Ryerson Index (address below), I don't think they are yours but worth a look.
    Hugh.
    www.
    ryersonindex.org/
    Last edited by MarkJ; 11-04-2010 at 9:40 PM. Reason: URL edited (they ask for donations)

Nannas

Hiya,
    Albert V b.1907, Blanche b.1911 and Wendy b.1945 left London for Melbourne Australia in 1948.
    You would be best trying VIC BDM (should be on a sticky, or just google) as death searches are availlable to 1985.

The other 2 children b.1932 and b.1935. (I'm not sure whther to put their names in or not) arrived under RICKETTS.

Nannas
    Last edited by MarkJ; 11-04-2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Name of potentially living person edited - see AUP

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

I have checked the Victorian deaths 1921-1985 cd without finding any of your family.

The name Albert Victor Fagg appears in the Queensland electoral rolls on Ancestry since 1919. The one in Queensland was a farmer. He did not appear to die before 1964, the end of the death index. However, searching the Bundaberg cemetery online data I find that he died in 1974 and was born in Australia 1894.

There was also one in Victoria in 1949, enrolled in two places, he was a fitter. He was not enrolled in 1954. Blanche / Mabel was never enrolled as far as I could see to 1954.

I had a quick look at the Western Australian and New South Wales online indexes as well.

Does the letter mention any specific places in Australia?
    ChristineR

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by Nannas View Post
    Hiya,
    Albert V b.1907, Blanche b.1911 and Wendy b.1945 left London for Melbourne Australia in 1948.
    You would be best trying VIC BDM (should be on a sticky, or just google) as death searches are availlable to 1985.Nannas
    That would be this sticky.

Nannas

Sorry MarkJ,,,,I didn't put the names of the two born 1932 and 1935 then without even noticing put in the 1945?? (Slaps myself)

Hiyas,
    I also seen the QLD Albert Victor FAGG and checked him earlier...He was born in Qld 1893 and was married, enlisted in the wars etc etc..
    I seen the Albert in VIC and thought it funny there is NO Blanche listed on rolls anywhere...(maybe she returned to England earlier than thought?? Maybe they all did??)

Nannas

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nannas View Post
    I also seen the QLD Albert Victor FAGG and checked him earlier...He was born in Qld 1893 and was married, enlisted in the wars etc etc..
    I seen the Albert in VIC and thought it funny there is NO Blanche listed on rolls anywhere...(maybe she returned to England earlier than thought?? Maybe they all did??)

Nannas
    The rolls are only a guide only, I have found people enrolled still after their death and after they have moved, and well as being enrolled in more than one place at a time. Sometimes the wife will have change her address, but the husband will be still enrolled at the old one.

Your couple were probably under no obligation to vote, having only recently arrived in Australia, they might not have even been eligible to do so.

They could have gone on to South Australia which is not covered by the online rolls nor an online BDM index. I had a look around in some of the online cemetery databases, but did not spot his burial.

Your best bet is to try and locate Blanche's arrival back in the UK.
    ChristineR

roz1

Default Lost Auntie

Thank-you all for your help I have found the family I was looking for. They are still in Australia and have made contact
    It turns out that my Auntie never came back to the UK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast