Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Valued member of Brit-Gen.

That's great news, well done, you must be so pleased
    Lesley

Wendy Fagg

Wendy Fagg. Hi Roz1. I am the adopted daughter of Albert Victor Fagg. I can give you many more details probably than you already have. I think my Step Brother Trevor Ricketts has been in touch with you but I can give you so much more if you want. Please let me know. I can tell you about Blanche Mabel known as May,where she lived,how she lived, can tell you about me I can tell you things about every one connected,Albert V Fagg was deported back to England in 48 or 49 from Geelong.Vic. Reasons I will tell if you require. They never did come back to England. I can tell you of her 1st Husband. Albert G Ricketts. I can tell you about her defacto Anthony Grant. A scouser merchant seaman who jumped ship in Melbourne. There are many things of interest. I have no way of writing you a letter and this is my only way of contacting you. I hope you still visit the forum. Cheers.

Wendy Fagg

To Roz. Blanche never went back to England since migrating to Aussie in 1948. Albert Victor Fagg was deported not long after arriving Aussie. Blanche stayed on and took the Alias name of her new partner(never married) GRANT (Anthony)He jumped merchant UK navy ship date unknown. She never registered on the electoral role or any other roll not even Council as she rented all her life until buying a house in Regent Preston in the 60's, so as far as Australia knew she never existed except for her name being in the Ships Register book in 1948. Strathaird.She did work however and she would have had to obtain a Tax file No. from Australian taxation, prob under the name of Grant.Blanche Mabel or maybe just Blanch or May which was her nickname.I believe she had a sister Emma.I know nothing about her other than she was Born late 1910 or early 1911.(1911 Census) also a Brother Charles.Had adopted daughter born 1945. Adopted by her and Fagg.

My married name is Wendy Thompson I am on Skype as wendy DOT thompson32
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 23-10-2016 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Details of possible living person removed.

Wendy Fagg

My name on Skype is wendy.thompson32. My email address is kennywen99 AT gmail DOT com, I would also be grateful for any information re Blanche Mabel (Ricketts) (Fagg)'s sister, Emma, born late 1910 or early 1911.She is listed on the 1911 Census form as 9/12 months old. 9 months old. No one in our family has ever heard of Blanche having a sister.Maybe she dies very young I do not know.
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 23-10-2016 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Email address disguised to deter spammers

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roz1 View Post
    Thank-you all for your help I have found the family I was looking for. They are still in Australia and have made contact
    It turns out that my Auntie never came back to the UK
    That is wonderful! Thanks for taking the time to let us know.
    ChristineR

Wendy Fagg

Default Re looking for lost Auntie and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Procat View Post
    That would be this sticky.
    Blanche Mabel Ricketts (Fagg) lived her life in Australia as Blanche Mabel Grant as she lived a defacto relationship with Anthony Grant who jumped ship from UK Merchant Navy when he was 22.He was much younger than may by 17-19 years difference. Blanche was buried as Blanche Grant in the MILDURA CEMETERY in 1987 .Mildura is on the Murray River(Border btwn Victoria and NSW. She never enlisted on any council or census rolls.Fagg was deported back to England in 1948-49.I believe he was a pedafile .(Don't know how to spell it.)I am the adopted daughter of Albert Victor Fagg.Wendy. I also was brought up as Wendy Grant.If you want to contact me I suggest you post here and I will make a contact available.I am 71 not getting any younger.I however would love to know what happened to Fagg(Peter) nickname..Have always wondered.
    Last edited by Wendy Fagg; 25-10-2016 at 12:31 AM. Reason: I am on skype as wendy.thompson32

Dundee10

Electoral Roll, Victoria

Franklin River Road, Toora

GRANT, Anthony (Rigger)
    GRANT, Blanche May (Home Duties)

1967/1968/1972/1977
    17 Myrtle Grove, Reservoir West (Preston North in 1977)

GRANT, Anthony (Rigger)
    GRANT, Blanche May (Home Duties)

Electoral Roll, Victoria

74 Urquhart Street, Ballaarat

FAGG, Albert Victor (Fitter)

855 Mt Alexander Road, Essendon (crossed out, so he moved from one address to the other)

FAGG, Albert Victor (Fitter)

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Fagg View Post
    I however would love to know what happened to Fagg (Peter) nickname. Have always wondered.
    Peter Albert Victor FAGG died in Prospect, South Australia on 24 Feb 1985 aged 78.

https://www.aca.sa.gov.au/Memorial-De...rk/mapid/85912

There are no online electoral rolls for South Australia for the period after 1949.

There were two notices in the 'Advertiser' newspaper (as Peter FAGG) and you can try asking the SA State library for a look up of the notices.

https://www.slsa.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=387

Otherwise you would need to go through Genealogy SA

https://www.genealogysa.org.au/resou...databases.html

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Fagg View Post
    I would also be grateful for any information re Blanche Mabel (Ricketts) (Fagg)'s sister, Emma, born late 1910 or early 1911.She is listed on the 1911 Census form as 9/12 months old. 9 months old. No one in our family has ever heard of Blanche having a sister.Maybe she dies very young I do not know.
    FreeBMD has a death indexed for Emma WILL:

Deaths September Quarter 1912
    WILL, Emma
    aged 2
    Registered Woolwich
    Vol. 1d Page 1046

Blanche had another brother born 1915 named Albert Joffree WILL. Their mother's maiden surname was MORRIS; she was a widow when she married Blanche's father George.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12