Jeanie A

Default BREWERTON - One-name study. Variant Bruerton.

I started collecting information on the name Brewerton, which is my maiden name, some years a go. A couple of years ago I put the information on to www.
    onenamedstudy.com and it has done well on that site. I recently started a Brewerton- family history group on face book which I use as a forum for people to discuss their Brewerton family history and it is used in tandem with the study.
    I am also a member of GOONS though have only had a couple of contacts via that site.
    The Brewerton name is locational and I have found at least 7 unique large trees and many smaller groups which have involved from spelling changes.
    Membership to the facebook group is given on asking but to see the one-name study I require you to give me some details on how you connect to the Brewerton name.
    I am in contact with Brewertons from Australia, the USA, South Africa and various European countries as well as Britain.
    I would be delighted to have contact from people with the Brewerton name in their history.

Julie.Spavins

Hi Jeanie

My Maternal Great Grandmother was Emily Brewerton b. Jan 1858 in South Camp, Aldershot, Father Mathew Brewerton b c1812 probably Reading but not sure, Mother to Emily Brewerton Hannah Morley b Aug 1816 Reading. I believe Mathew may have been married previously to Arabella and had 2 children Mary b 1837 and John b 1839, then married Hannah and had 3 children George b May 1850, Sarah b. Jun 1852, and Emily my GG.
    Mathew Brewerton was a Tailor - first traced from Emily's marriage certificate and does seem to have been his trade throughout his life.

I wonder if this links in with anything you have.

Regards, Julie.

Jeanie A

Hi Julie,
    I do have this branch of the Oxford Brewerton's tree on my study.
    If you wish to see it go to the study on tribalpages and ask for an invitation.
    Regards
    Jeanie