Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Janet M

Default Palfrey family of Pershore

Hello everyone
    I am new to the forum but have been researching my fathers family for a few months. I have discovered that The Palfrey family from Pershore have been in the town since 1773 when Thomas Palfrey married Phoebe Collins. Does anyone know where they originated from before Pershore. Also on my tree I have the following surnames:-
    Annis, Woolams, Robbins,Mumford, Howse and Cottrell.
    My Grandfather was a baker and lived in The Newlands, at a later date Grandma lived in Priest Lane.
    Hope you can help
    Janet M

David Annis

I knew your Grandfather and Granmother. I also lived in Priest Lane.
    Mumford's, Robbins, names again I know well.
    Cheers
    Dave.

David Annis

I would be very interested to know your conections with the Robbins family.
    Cheers
    Dave.

SBSFamilyhistory

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I thought.. has David seen this..He has so Janet you are in safe hands ..

Sue

Janet M

My Grandmother was Jane Robbins born in about 1875. She married my Grandfather Thomas Alfred Palfrey at the Baptisit church in Pershore on October 13th 1894. I have not got very far researching the Robbins family. I believe she had sisters called Clara, Edie, Emma and a brother called Bill who worked as a shepherd for Colonel Hudson(accoding to Auntie Clara Ballinger who was recalling the family a few years ago !)
    I am so pleased to find someone who knew my Grandparents. Thanks Dave.
    Janet

Janet M

I was amazed to get a response from anyone so quickly, yes I am in safe hands
    Janet

David Annis

Janet I have sent you a private message.
    I am rather hoping that what you have said so far has a curious coincidence involving at least one or more other families.
    The little market gardening town of Pershore was a microcosm of rural town life.
    Like my old Aunt used to say, "most people in this town are related to each other and quite a few of them don't know it".
    Cheers
    Dave.

SBSFamilyhistory

Just a thought you don't have Palfreys in Hereford do you?

David Annis

I dont know of any, but I long ago threw out the theory that our rural ancesters never moved an inch away from there birth place.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Janet M

I have found Palfrey family members that have moved from Pershore area. Edwin b 1888 went to the Royal Duke of Yorks military school in Dover and then joined the Grenadier Guards and married a lady in Chelsea (he was later killed in the Somme) I managed to contact his Grandaughter who knew nothing about the Pershore side of the family but she was very pleased to be able to fill her father on family he did not know about.Edwin (sometimes called Edward) is on the Pershore roll of honour.
    James b 1851 married Clara Baker and moved to Aston where he was a plasterer. George Palfrey b Stoulton moved to Rothwell in Northamptonshire,
    I will look to see if I can find any in the Hereford area
    Janet

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast