dbclark48

Default Clark-Fotheringham marriage in Newburgh 1802

Are any of my readers descendants of James Clark and Ann Fortheringham who were married in Newburgh, Fife, in 1802. Possibly now living in Perth or Dundee? Were there any migrations to the Colonies in the years 1820 to 1840? John Clark, single, whose mother possibly was Ann Fotheringham went to Jamaica. He was my G-G-Grandfather. Any information will help.
    I will share information re his descendants. Thanks! David Clark

christine rae

i am also looking for clark who went to jamaica from the uk around that time

dbclark48

Default CLARK-FOTHERINGHAM, Newburgn, Fife

Quote Originally Posted by christine rae View Post
    i am also looking for clark who went to jamaica from the uk around that time
    Christine Rae, you said "I am also looking for Clark who went to Jamaica from the UK around that time." Can you give me any more information? Who were his paraents? Was he married? Did he have family in Jamaica"
    Looking for reply,
    David Clark

dbclark48

Chrisstine Rae, It seems my e-mail is not getting through to you. If you are looking for a Clark who went to Jamaica about 1830, I can give you lots of information. I see under "Location" BRISTOL. Do you live in that area, for John Clark was in contact with Robinson of Briston by letter and personally. I have some old letters.
    Yesterday I wrote twice by the e-mail link, but I do not know if you are receiving.
    Please reply either by this Forum, or preferably by e-mail.
    David Clark

Although she still seems to be a member, Christine's not been to BG since July 2010.