Isambard

Default John Allen Roberts, Stettler, Alberta 1911

I'm looking for the death of John Allen Roberts, believed to have occured in Alberta, following the 1911 census.

1911 Census, Red Deer District 26, Stettler:
    John A. Roberts age 24, Druggist, b. Ontario August 1886
    Lyell W. Roberts, age 21, b. Ontario October 1889.

I have not found John or his wife in the 1916 census.
    John was born John Allen Roberts, 30 August 1886, Seaforth, Ontario
    Lyell Roberts was born Lyell Winnifred Weir, 9 June 1909, Seaforth, Ontario. She remarried in 1926, to Gerald Case, also of the Seaforth area.

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi Isambard..
    John Allen Roberts died in Toronto May 9, 1921 of ventrical thrombosis complicated by toxemia. He was buried in Seaforth. If you have Ancestry ca you can view the death registration, if not, pm me your email address and I will forward it to you.

Sue

Isambard

Thank you Sue. I do have Ancess.ca, but obviously my search techniques need improving. Knowing the date and place helped me "find" the death registration, like being led by the hand to the page.
    Isambard

Famous for offering help & advice

You are very welcome!

It wasn't search techniques--they leave something to be desired! It was my love of logic type puzzles! I figured I would try the Ontario deaths as his wife obviously was back at Seaforth after his death, so I just figured they must have come back sooner since you couldn't find them on the 1916 Alberta census Wish I could solve some of my family tree puzzles that easily... off to bed and solving your puzzle is one less thing to dream about. ( That's what I do.... dream about all these searches I'm involved in..makes for some tiring nights)
    Sue
    Last edited by susan-y; 22-03-2010 at 3:21 AM. Reason: added on