Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: George Price

RosieM

Unhappy George Price

Hi, because Ive had such grea success with another stone waller I thought I'd throw this one out there lol. My GG GrandF was George Price wed Jane Hollis in 1876 in hull. Says his dad is George too (a marine store sic ' dealer) 1st GP says he was born in notts. Lots born there...but none of these fit my man. Travelling people once more, so hard to trace. His wife's side are deeply rooted in the Cunninghams & both his sons Reubin & Samuel became G GranF to me on either side. Geo/Jane are on 1881 census but he is rumoured to have shot himself before 1991 over a scandle. Cant find death cert. Have many that dont belong to me!!lol. Anyone shed any light on where these Georges came from? or where Georges Dad George ended up? 1st GP seems to have added in after thought the name of Attrick' as a middle name on wed cert. Have tried Patrick....mothers maiden name of the same or variations of it....nothing. Any Clues?? Kind Regards RosieM

Nicolina

the only George Price death that I can find in Hull (UKBMD) is one who died, aged 70, in 1916. He has the middle initial P and died in the Myton area of the city. Could the rumour be wrong?

Nicolina

have just checked against the Census and found out tha George P was probably George Proctor Price. sorry.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Jane and George are on the 1881 census. Being travellers, where would that be?

Reputation beyond repute

a marine store sic ' dealer
    Sounds like you're not sure what that occupation means. A marine store dealer was a junk dealer.

RosieM

Default George Price

Yep, definatley gypsies. Off top of my head seem to recall him and jane were in yorks, 1 halliday's yard....its on census as Geo Price (had hell of a job finding my G GrandF's as they had put 1 of them down( Reubin )as BInBin! lol Pretty sure the suicide is correct as my aunty Jane took great pride in telling me I didnt know everything!? Especially why the first George blew his brains out! Not a nice story and he probably did the right thing in circumstances. But would like to know where he actually came from (who his mum was) & get the cert to prove/disprove the story etc. When 1st GP marries, 1876 it does not say either parent is dead, so have assumed they are not. I had an idea what marine store dealer meant from an FH member. On cert it looks like store' dealer to me...Im grateful for any scrap...and thanks to all pursuing it on my behalf. ps had great bit of proof from something given on here the other day that confirmed my suspicions abt another side of family, so it a very help place to get some answers. Well done and thanks RosieM

Brick wall demolition expert!

There were two previous threads running on George Price. As forum guidelines state that we shouldn't create duplicate posts as it can lead to confusion & duplication of research, I have closed those two previous threads located here and here

Please continue research into George Price on this thread only.

terrysfamily

Quote Originally Posted by RosieM View Post
    Having thrown this as a Brick Waller' and had nothing back I wonder if anyone has any idea's on my case. For instance is it possible for a man to marry in 1876, saying he is 21, and yet be more like 33?!
    My grt grandfather married in 1891 for the 3rd time and on his marriage certificate he has put his age as 42 he was born in 1840 so he was really 51 at the time of marriage, could be the fact that his 3rd wife was only 29.

So in answer to your question in "Any Idea's??" yes it is possible.

Terry

RosieM

Default Thanks..

T Thanks Terry. Im going to pursue this line a bit. May explain why I cant find his death in the right age range. Regards RM

There is a fourth thread about George Price here.. Please only ever have one thread about the same person, as it leads to confusion and duplication of effort.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast