Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GRO

Peter_uk_can

Having voiced my opinion "ad nauseum" about Ancestry. I would be the first to admit that, for me anyway, I wish they would take over the running of the GRO, The National Archives at Kew and Canada's (can't get our act together) archives including the French bit. grrr.

Whatever one says about them, they do manage to provide a comprehensive service at an upfront and well published price.

One can join for a month or 6 or 12. One can join leave, come back or whatever.

Nothing in this world will ever be perfect, but overall, they don't do that bad a job, especially if, like me, you don't live in the UK and it isn't that easy to nip down to Kew or York or wherever.

Each to their own.
    Last edited by Peter_uk_can; 20-03-2010 at 12:34 AM. Reason: usual problems with my mother tongue..

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

I was recently advised by the GRO that there would be a slight delay due to the "unprecedented high volume of requests prior to the fee increase". (Notice the phrase "fee increase" instead of "price hike").
    So at the moment they are taking around 18-20 days to Australia.
    Michael

Suffolk Pipe – one tree

Aussie Shep

cheers for that michael, is that 18-20 working days?
    I did receive an email this morning from GRO saying they would like to assist with my complaint please can I provide all the details again.
    I just attached my confirmation from the GRO with all the necessary details. I am so keen for these certificates, they should hold next the step in my search.

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Shep View Post
    cheers for that michael, is that 18-20 working days?
    Yes - that's what it is taking to get to me.
    Michael

Suffolk Pipe – one tree

Brian Turnbull

In January I ordered 3 certificates. Two arrived after about 3 weeks. After 4 1/2 weeks I contacted GRO about the other certificate. They advised that according to their records it had been sent. They re sent the missing certificate at no extra cost.

Brian

Tootles

I ordered 3 certificates in Febuary and recevied them two weeks later. The next day I ordered 3 more, these took 2 1/2 week to arrive. This was before they announced the price increase. According to the report sent with the certificates it took 3-5 days to action my order, the rest was postage time to Australia.

Marion

RobinC

I know my post isn't directly related to this thread but I've just ordered 2 certificates and have been charged £7 for each so not sure when the price increase will happen, although did someone mention April 6th?

Reputation beyond repute

did someone mention April 6th?
    The GRO web site certainly does! :bigggrin:

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

6 April is the start of the new financial year.

Aussie Shep

I finally received my certificates on thursday 30March. The GRO re sent them at no extra cost, I received an email on the saturday saying they would be resent within 2 working days. I have ordered more so I will expect a 3-4wait.

gasser

Just to add my little gripe.......I requested a password reminder from them 2 weeks ago......still waiting...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast