steven1314

Default Charles McPherson Anderson Death

Hi an ancestor in my family moved to Winnipeg with his family in 1911 and died aged only 15 in 1993. I found the obituary with a date of 22nd August 1913 so he must have died around this time. He had a twin brother Donald McKinnon Anderson who served in WW1 with the Canadian and lived until 1980.

Really just looking to see where you can find out how Charles may have died and whether it is possible to obtain a copy of his death certificate.

His parents were Donald McKinnon Anderson and Agnes McPherson.

Charles date of birth was 20th June 1898

Many thanks

Steven

Geoffers

One of our Canadian members will hopefully give the definitive answer, but using search engine comes up with information on this web-site

https://
    canadaonline.about.com/od/vitalstatistics/Vital_Statistics_Offices_in_Canada.htm

This site specifically relates to Mantoba

https://
    vitalstats.gov.mb.ca/

and has forms to download with which to apply for certificates.

BeeJay

You can order Charles’ death registration on the second site mentionned above by Geoffers.

The forms available to download are not the ones you need - they’re for more recent BMD records (which are subject to privacy restrictions).

You would need to ‘Search the Database’ and find Charles in the death index. You then have a choice to ‘Add to Cart’. After that if you return to the search page and view your shopping cart, you will be able to print out the ‘Request for Copy of Genealogy Record’. The cost is only $12.00 and you can order the copy by fax or by mail (not online).

The copies I’ve ordered have taken 3-6 weeks to arrive.

steven1314

Thanks for your help

Steven