Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Procat

I am unable to find a marriage or a death for him in the West Australian online indexes. I am also unable to find a likely migration record for him on FMP. There are no references for him on the Australian National Archives site - though he may be there with a middle name. WA shipping records do not appear to be online at this time.

bibliojunkie

Thanks for catching the hook and searching Doug. Let’s hope Sarah finds Tom, with some additional forenames, in the parish registers.

Ali

yorkshiregal

Not sure if this is the one or if you have this already, but I see a Lonimer Thomas Richard Norris was married in Queensland Au to Dorothy Elizabeth Shambrook in 1935. With that kind of a handle I can see why you may wish to be called just plain Tom. lol

lizone

I'm afraid there's no sign of Thomas in the Leeds All Saints baptism records (using Ancestry's West Yorkshire, England, Births and Baptisms 1813 - 1910. Orginal data: West Yorkshire Archive Service), but sometimes you do find baptism records for the clergy in odd or special places in the register. Unfortunately, access to these original images doesn't include the covers of the book, where the record may lurk ... Richard Norris himself is signing about half the baptisms throughout 1881. I wonder whether Richard may have asked one of his colleagues to baptise his child; this colleague may have been someone he met in a previous ministry elsewhere in the country? Also, due to the death of his wife, the baptism may also have been delayed for a while.

Liz

LancsLass

Default Thanks for Trying

Hi Liz and Yorkshire Regal

Thank you both for all your help. Tom remains a mystery. The marriage record in Aus is interesting although he would be 55 or so.

I have to say that the first name Lonimer doesn't immediately make any sense but it seems worth pursuing as it could explain a lot. We (including some expert helpers on this site) have never found a travel record from the UK to Australia despite a very specific range of dates so perhaps I will run Lonimer through the search engines and see if that changes anything.

To be honest I had rather come to the conclusion that he wasn't Sarah's son at all but some other random 'relation' or just happened to write from Australia and his letter was kept for equally random reasons. Blood relation or not I would still like to work out who he was!

Thanks again

Sarah

Findem

Hi,

Just a thought, I was wondering if Lonimer should be Lorimer.

Regards,

judyg

Hi LancsLass,

Before you waste time looking for ' Lorimar' there is a death in Victoria in 1981 for a Lorimer Thomas R Norris who is recorded as the son of William and Harriet.

Cheers
    Judyg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12