bullgoose

Default locating an electoral roll

HI THERE EVERYONE
    I WONDER IF THE FORUM CAN HELP ME WITH A PROBLEM I CAME ACROSS YESTERDAY. THE ELECTORAL ROLL`S IN NEWCASTLE ON TYNE CENTRAL LIBRARY FOR THE YEARS 1913-14-15 DON`T COVER-INGOE STREET-IN THE LEMINGTON/NEWBURN AREA OF NEWCASTLE, DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT PARISH OR WARD THIS STREET CAME UNDER AT THIS TIME, AND WHERE THE ELECTORAL ROLL COVERING THIS STREET WOULD BE KEPT(MORPETH) MAYBE..
    THANKS
    BULLGOOSE

Geoffers

I don't know, but in case no one else knows, you might try Northumberland Collections Service which has a couple of catalogues - if you cannot find what you need on the catalogue, perhaps give them a call?

An alternative might be to try a directory, maybe see if there is anything useful on the historical-directories web-site?

bullgoose

thanks geoffers
    all the best
    bullgoose

Ed Bradford

Bullgoose,

To expand upon what Geoffers has suggested you might also take a look at the division of the registration districts. There might be a clue there. It appears that there was been a big change in 1914.
    https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/d...on%20tyne.html

In addition, you might try asking the local government your question. I have found governments most helpful in cases like this because they too do research and have people that know where the records are. The city has a contacts page on their web site which you can find here.
    https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/

....................Ed

bullgoose

THANKS ED
    I HAVE SENT A COUPLE OF E-MAILS OFF TO SEE WHAT THEY COME UP WITH.
    THANKS AGAIN
    BULLGOOSE