swheather

Default BMD registers for Langley, BC

Stanley A J Williams marries Mary [I think nee Vigars in 1958 I'm waiting for the certificate to arrive] in Surrey England, believe I have found 6 children born in England 1959-1965. Then the family move to Canada.

I have found Stanley Williams in the Canadian phone book 1997-2002 which agrees with the last known address in Langley V2j 2h1.

I haven't found any passenger lists for ships sailing from England to Canada after 1965, unless someone here knows differently

Does anyone know if there are any records available to find out if any of the children married or death or burials records searchable for Stanley Williams and his wife.

Any suggestions, advise appreciated.
    Many thanks

v.wells

Vital Statistics (index online; printed certificate can be ordered) https://www.vs.gov.bc.ca/genealogy/electronic_index.html Hope that helps! I've not used it and don't know what years it covers. Passenger lists are not available for Canada after 1935ish and each province has privacy laws governing the information that is available to the public.

Famous for offering help & advice

swheather
    If you go to canada411.ca you will get current phone and address listings in the Langley BC area...there are several that are close to your folks. As they are living I can not post them on here.
    If you order from Vital Statistics BC you can print your certificate right off line as soon as they process your request. ( I did so for my grandparents)

Sue

swheather

Thank you very much for the links, I was aware that Canadian law is different to the UK, but know more about Ontario as I have malling list friends there. It is important in our research not to try to run before we can walk in an area of research that is new to us.

Many thanks for your help
    Heather