Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Alsarw45

Hi Pagey

We knew the Birds very well. My wife lived almost next door to them. I remember Johnny and Dickie one of whom I believe was not too well. As my wife is sound asleep at this time 02.47 I shall ask her about them in the morniing. Any way its good to hear from someone with tangible links to the Bldgs. Cheers Alan

aderyn

Hi Pagey.
    My Cousin and Aunt lived in Quinn Bldgs in the 50s-60s, I lived in Webber Row with my Grandparents also named Bird, did not know that there was another family called Bird in the area, as my grandfather had several brothers, I wonder if there may be a connection.

Alsarw45

Default QB

Hi Adeyn

I also lived in the square around the timeline you have mentioned and also lived in Webber Row in Delarch house. I have a few photos and electors registers for QB. If you send me your email address. I will forward all the stuff I have.

Best wishes
    Alan Webber

alsarw45 AT yahoo DOT com
    Last edited by Jan1954; 29-07-2012 at 8:25 AM. Reason: Email address edited to try to foil the spammers

aderyn

Hi Alan.
    Your name rings a bell with me (somewhere in the distant past) I would love to see the info you have, I have not been able to find anything re Webber row. I lived in Clapton Buildings with mt grandparents No 10a, There was an enamel sign on the wall outside which said -Metripolitan Turncock, That referred to my grandfather.
    Fred Bird
    frederickbird AT rocketmail DOT com
    Last edited by Jan1954; 29-07-2012 at 5:04 PM. Reason: Email address edited to try to foil the spammers

brenda clarke

hi alan hope you dont mind but saw your email which says you have electors register for qb.i would love to see it , if you could email me with it i would be gratful, i am trying to find anythink about my family the clarkes , my dad dont seem to have a birth certificate which dont help, many thanks brenda clarke

pagey

Hi Adeyn

no one in the family ever mentioned any other Bird related family. But they had big families in those days so I think it is unlikely that my GGrandfather was an only child! i have a picture of him in his WWI army uniform - if you send me your email I will forward it to you.
    It might be that we are distantly related but I am not sure how to find out if my GGrandfather had any brothers.

cheers

aderyn

Hi Pagey
    That would be good, also if you could give me his name, I have the names of all my grandfathers brothers, would be interested to see if there was a connection.
    frederickbird AT rocketmail DOT com
    Fred
    Last edited by Jan1954; 01-08-2012 at 7:10 AM. Reason: Email address edited to try to avoid spammers

Alsarw45

Default Electoral register

Quote Originally Posted by brenda clarke View Post
    hi alan hope you dont mind but saw your email which says you have electors register for qb.i would love to see it , if you could email me with it i would be gratful, i am trying to find anythink about my family the clarkes , my dad dont seem to have a birth certificate which dont help, many thanks brenda clarke
    Hi Brenda
    Please send me your e-mail address and I will will be pleased to send you the electoral roll I have. I am at alsarw45 at yahoo dot com. Look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes. Alan

Ohanlon

Hi
    Just stumbled across this forum. I found out today through the 1911 census that my great grandfather and family (wife plus 7 children) lived in 3 rooms in 196 Quinn Square. Any pictures or info you may have would be really helpful, we are currently researching this side of the family.
    Regards
    Lesley

Alsarw45

Hi Lesley
    If you send me your e-mail address to alsarw45atyahoodotcom. I will send you the stuff you are looking for.
    Best wishes.
    Alan

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast